Bye Bye T6 :(

Jonny

204PS/Highline/Kombi/LWB/T32
T6 Guru
So good news and bad news.

Good news: I got head hunted for new job today and I’m working full time as a tree surgeon. It starts in 4 weeks time...yay.

Bad news, the T6 is not going to be suitable for me anymore. I’ve been toying with the idea of keeping it as a play thing but I need to be practical. I’ve put in an order for a conversion pick up Hilux today too which hopefully turns up in the next couple of months.

You guys have been ace, the T6 is ace, love this forum, I’ll snoop around for a little longer while arrange to hand it back to the finance company.

Here’s the new truck...not so fancy.

Bye bye peeps xxx

000B6937-C64A-4306-A669-10E8487DB263.jpeg

You were the main man keeping work van Wednesday thread alive :(
Congrats on the new job.
PS. a 4 motion flatbed T6 would do the same job as that :whistle:

Wish you all the best in your new job mate, drop in any time :thumbsup:

@StudleyGlass Cheers J

Enjoy the new job @Jonny.
Get some big wheels, tyres and other bits and even a ATOYOT pickup can look cool. :thumbsup:

@Chopman thats the idea in the near future.

You were the main man keeping work van Wednesday thread alive :(
Congrats on the new job.
PS. a 4 motion flatbed T6 would do the same job as that :whistle:

@Ed Webb It’s the best thread too!!!!! And stop dangling T6 carrots in front of me! Haha

I really need a proper off roader that I don’t mind accidentally felling a tree onto.

Good luck @Jonny great news about the job, but your excuse over the T6 is proper lame.

What’s stopping you doing this? Can’t tell me it would flinch if a tree got too close. In fact the tree would probably rip up its own roots and fall over ready for you to carry away, just at the sight of your truck.

C74B4705-A06E-4BC3-8BEA-CB4181360327.jpeg

DF7D5996-F6B3-4679-8109-4B1C41098D85.jpeg

There is however a couple of cool things you can do to a Hilux.
1. Toyboata; hang a 250hp outboard on the tailgate.
2. Jack up the suspension, fit some massive wheels and tyres and take it to the North Pole, or up the side of a volcano.

Good luck @Jonny great news about the job, but your excuse over the T6 is proper lame.

What’s stopping you doing this? Can’t tell me it would flinch if a tree got too close. In fact the tree would probably rip up its own roots and fall over ready for you to carry away, just at the sight of your truck.

View attachment 20906

View attachment 20907

2. Jack up the suspension, fit some massive wheels and tyres and take it to the North Pole, or up the side of a volcano.

Thanks Davey x

I would love another T6 but this time I get no subsidy. PS, you watch too much TopGear

So good news and bad news.

Good news: I got head hunted for new job today and I’m working full time as a tree surgeon. It starts in 4 weeks time...yay.

Bad news, the T6 is not going to be suitable for me anymore. I’ve been toying with the idea of keeping it as a play thing but I need to be practical. I’ve put in an order for a conversion pick up Hilux today too which hopefully turns up in the next couple of months.

You guys have been ace, the T6 is ace, love this forum, I’ll snoop around for a little longer while arrange to hand it back to the finance company.

Here’s the new truck...not so fancy.

Bye bye peeps xxx

View attachment 20897
What's the legal carrying capacity with it being a tipper ?

View attachment 20906

View attachment 20907

Did I see that at the recent show in Telford?

Bala first. I'm hoping you'll find time to pop over.:thumbsup:
Me to. Certainly won’t be Saturday, so hoping for Sunday.
@Loz; is Loz Jnr taking his SUP? If so I know DaveyB Jnr would love to hire one again and go out with him. If he is i’ll tell my lad to pack his wetsuit and buoyancy aid.

What's the legal carrying capacity with it being a tipper ?

The payload is 1 tonne. I think my one will be a little less as I’ve asked for a cage to be fitted also. The whole truck is 3150kg GVW and 6650kg MAM for when I want to tow a 3.5t trailer.

The payload is 1 tonne. I think my one will be a little less as I’ve asked for a cage to be fitted also. The whole truck is 3150kg GVW and 6650kg MAM for when I want to tow a 3.5t trailer.
Been thinking of getting a hilux for my job instead of a tranny ...which i have at present .
The transit is a tipper ,but the weight of the tipping gear and heavy body only gives it 1. 1/4 ton payload .
Would prefer single cab Hilux to get more weight .
It will never carry the same weight of a transit but i think with a small trailer it would probably match it .

Back