Bye Bye T6 :(

Been thinking of getting a hilux for my job instead of a tranny ...which i have at present .
The transit is a tipper ,but the weight of the tipping gear and heavy body only gives it 1. 1/4 ton payload .
Would prefer single cab Hilux to get more weight .
It will never carry the same weight of a transit but i think with a small trailer it would probably match it .

I had a transit d/cab caged tipper and it only took 750kg and it was a nightmare with my job. I over loaded a few times.

The single cab Hilux takes under a ton but with the tipper conversion, it gives you a large cargo bed. Also it’s only 24k and much cheaper than a new transit.

813351F2-72A7-4D33-9114-49580CA00E1E.png

Good luck in you’re new job fella. But come on every boy needs a toy..... lol

Good luck in you’re new job fella. But come on every boy needs a toy..... lol
Cheers buddy. I almost cried when the van got picked up on Friday. I have a feeling that I’m going to regret this!

I had a transit d/cab caged tipper and it only took 750kg and it was a nightmare with my job. I over loaded a few times.

The single cab Hilux takes under a ton but with the tipper conversion, it gives you a large cargo bed. Also it’s only 24k and much cheaper than a new transit.

View attachment 22568
Hell i certainly ain't thinking of new anything but will search for second hand hilux ....I did have years back ..a bedford short wheel base tipper 3.500 wt with a light weight edbro tipper set up ...petrol engined ...thought of lpg on it , as it had a 1.800 ton pay load .....thing of the past

Back