Buying pre Registered?

UPDATE - Back to the drawing board

Well, a bit hacked off this morning, as after a bit more research and sending a couple of queries to the dealer, it now transpires that the Kombi is a T30 and not a T32 so no good to me. It would have been a company purchase and I need to be able to reclaim the VAT.

Anyway my interest is revived so will be looking at options and may even go for a factory order if the deal is right although waiting is not something I am enjoy.

Thanks for all the feedback and kind words, I will be lurking and exploring options!

UPDATE - Back to the drawing board

Well, a bit hacked off this morning, as after a bit more research and sending a couple of queries to the dealer, it now transpires that the Kombi is a T30 and not a T32 so no good to me. It would have been a company purchase and I need to be able to reclaim the VAT.

Anyway my interest is revived so will be looking at options and may even go for a factory order if the deal is right although waiting is not something I am enjoy.

Thanks for all the feedback and kind words, I will be lurking and exploring options!
Sorry to hear that @StuS, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Keep a close eye on the VWCV website as they do some pretty good deals on their demo's which are specced pretty well. That's what I did, got exactly what i wanted, plus a couple of extra bits I'd probably not put on one if configurating my own. So keep those options open. I guess it all comes down to whether you can bear the wait for a brand new one.

Give Swindon van center a call as they keep good stock of kombis and did me a good price as above . They told me they normally keep grey and blue.
I found them very helpful after my local dealer.

Hi.
Can you explain what you mentioned by it being a t30 not a t32 and the vat?

The van was advertised as a T32 and hen I looked in more detail and asked the dealer it was in fact aT30. As per link above I need it to be a T32 to qualify to reclaim the VAT.

Well maybe everything does happen for a reason. I now have, from the same dealer, the van I want with extra sliding door and mirrors at the same price. They are not options I would have chosen but I think both are useful.

It looks like I will be joining team grey after all come the end of the month.

Great news @StuS :thumbsup: so you are now back on track :D. So what is the detailed spec and when do you get to view the bus ? Don't forget to take your camera for the pphotos that we are keen to see :whistle:

Great news @StuS :thumbsup: so you are now back on track :D. So what is the detailed spec and when do you get to view the bus ? Don't forget to take your camera for the pphotos that we are keen to see :whistle:

I need to sort nipping over to have a look but the spec ia as below, all fairly standard:-

Pre registered on 16 Plate, 7 Miles on the clock
T32 Kombi Indium Grey 140 Highline
Sliding Drivers Side Door
Electric Wing Mirrors

Options being considered although may go with Vanstyle for these as they seem much better value than VW :-

Rear bumper protector
Side Bars
Rear Spoiler

Post Delivery - Thinking about Exploria as highly recommended and fairly local.

Line rear
Swivel seats to front
Possibly switch to 2+1

I feel 2017 is going to be expensive!!:D:eek:

Good stuff @StuS :thumbsup::thumbsup: but it will feel like the longest two weeks in your life I expect but it's worth waiting for :whistle::whistle: and the real planning for the "little extras" to personalise it begins here :D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I must admit I'm loving being a transporter owner. (3 years now) only had one other vehicle where other drivers acknowledge you and that was a WRX. The vast amount of after market add ons and being able to personalise your bus is one of the biggest reasons why I'm a VW t6 addict!!

hi i am also new to the forum as bought my first transporter on 23/12/16 as an ex demo with 945 miles on the clock a T32 LWB 140 Highline BMT in Indium Grey the reason they keep them for 6 months is for there right back on the vehicle which means they get a greater discount from VW also they told me that I got a full 36 months warranty from the day i purchased it so check this with the dealer
also i would like some help putting auto lock on the van as was informed by my VW dealer that with most of the new panel van they have ECU's that it can't be programmed into but possibly done with vag com I am in yorkshire YO8 if anyone can help
Thanks Mark

Back