Buying pre Registered?

StuS

T6 Pro
After joining a little while back, things took a back seat when I couldn't get the van I wanted from stock and family stuff got in the way.

I have been lurking around and t when he January blues kicked in and I got back onto thinking about a Kombi again to cheer myself up.

Anyway I found one today and I have just put a deposit down on a pre reg 16 Plate T32 Kombi 140 in Indium grey. It only has 9 miles on the clock so assume they had to sit on it for some reason as it hasn't been on auto trader until now. Looking at used prices recently it looks like decent deal, I suppose I miss out on 6 months warranty but are there any other downsides? I will be paying 23k + VAT for it.

Off to see it at the weekend and will be very surprised if I am not joining the ranks to Team Grey very soon.

And why wouldn't you be @StuS ? We share your excitement at getting a T6 of your choice and at a good price, especially as you are not having the wait for one to be built. However, it is still not too late to get extras fitted either by the VW Dealer or the after-market route, so the excitement continues ! :waving::):D:smile bounce:

Could make a lot of sense, but check the spec list carefully as it makes a big difference as to whether its a good deal or not. If its been sitting around it might not have things that you want/need and cannot be easily done aftermarket.

Nothing wrong with that @StuS my last purchase was a Zuki Grand Vitara which was six months old and had 5 miles on the clock, I got that 5k off the list price. Way to go look forward to the picies :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It seems to all be the spec I am after, I will be looking at the dealer for options and as it will be a day van I already have some idea of the aftermarket options that I will go for eventually.

Providing all as expected the fun and excitement should continue for a good while yet.

@StuS we await eagerly the details of the specs and current extras and what your long term plans are to create your very own bus and we would love to see pictures ASAP. Listen not to Naysayers :( and be assured that this Forum is populated with plenty of people that have extensive knowledge that they are only too willing to share with you if asked :D. Good luck with your viewing this weekend :thumbsup: and please keep us informed ;).

I had no hesitation @StuS in buying pre registered, I saved about 4k on list price, drove 3 hours to Listers in Droitwich to collect, my local dealerships just didn't seem interested I searching for me because it wasn't on their forecourt !!
Just shame its got H4 lights :mad:

Sounds good @StuS especially if it has the options you want. For me I'd just check out their story as to why its been sitting around, just in case there is a more unsettling reason, such as people steered clear, why?

I have never known any dealership not too carry several pre registered vehicles, they buy them in themselves to increase monthly sales figures with the manufacturer, If they sell so many vw will give them a vehicle at substantial discount so its more profit for them.
So I wouldn't worry about buying one at all, I always do it, that way sees it depreciate with the dealer and not you.

You should be able to add another years warranty for not a lot of money . Is it from a main dealer ?
I payed £24000 plus vat for the same van new but from stock 6 months ago without any extras apart from metallic paint and 2+ 1 rear seat.

It is standard spec with 2+1 rear seat and metallic as @Keeff which is what I want.

Will obviously check thing out when I view and appreciate all the views, tips and guidance.

Thanks everyone!!

My last Cali was pre reg; 3 months old, delivery miles.
Sadly we ended up having quite a few issues with it but still sold it for a very good price.
We had loads of fun in it and got £7.5k off list.

@StuS , go for it, I am anyway on mine! Is yours a SWB or LWB? Highline?:thumbsdown: If you like it then that's the main thing!

Don't touch it mate.....in fact back a way from this forum 'cos you'll on the slippery slope to a melted credit card! Only joking! 2 + 1 was a must for me too mate....good luck...I don't think you'll regret it! For me, it was either the new Ford Mustang 5.0 or a Kombi......yes, really! The Mustang would've been cheaper! Do I regret it.....NO! Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

IMG_0108.PNG

I know it's a seriously slippery slope, this forum could be worse financially to me than the watch forum I also frequent. Anyway I may be jumping the gun but this is the vehicle in question, and to confirm it's SWB from a main dealer.

That looks nice mate.....is it your first? So you also belong to a watch forum.......oh mate, you're in big trouble!!;)

Back