Buying A Van In The Current Climate

David1066

I was looking to buy a t6 recently as I was due to go self employed end of April luckily I hadn't handed my notice in .
I'm still looking to go it alone after this nightmare is over and have been watching vans on eBay but surely I couldn't go and collect one in the current climate could i ?

I think going out to test drive a van or 2 then collect one would be rather irresponsible in the current lock down climate

Save your pennies for now... You won't be able to use it anyway just yet..

I didn't say I was going to but why are people still listing and selling vehicles on eBay etc
Another thing as well what if your current van got written off and you needed to buy a replacement if you were a key worker etc

Maybe that would be classed as essential travel, especially if you needed it to get to your key job.

just probably best biding your time otherwise.. It's frustrating I know. I've just spent 8 months, planning, purchasing, converting and just collected the van before we all got grounded... But it's a life / death situation so we just have to suck it up and do our best not to worsen an already bad situation...

after all I along with many others plan on being around after this to make the most of the van..!

there's plenty of irresponsible people around, let's hope they're not burying their parents anytime soon because they won't listen to the advice

On the flip side with markets depressed...once it’s all over vehicles in general will see a down turn in price ..so save ur pennies and push for a better deal latter:thumbsup:

I agree not much point buying something to have parked on the drive whilst paying insurance etc
I will keep saving up and like you say there might be some good deals about but I've heard nearly new stuff might be commanding good money once we are through this due to all the car and van factories being shut so new vehicles will be short supply

I agree not much point buying something to have parked on the drive whilst paying insurance etc
I will keep saving up and like you say there might be some good deals about but I've heard nearly new stuff might be commanding good money once we are through this due to all the car and van factories being shut so new vehicles will be short supply
Remember Cash is key...finance will be tight...even if there is short supply people will have more important things to spend there money on..and don’t forget the motor trade is really good at telling half truths :)

Police stopped a car on the Wirral that was an ebay bargain. Driver was from N Wales, had no Insurance, no MOT or Tax. TOR issued, car taken and the guy who took him to pick the car up was fined.
Doesn't get better than that.

Even in normal times it brings joy to my heart to see the uninsured removed from the road. They are far more likely to be involved in an accident than an insured driver and far more likely to fail to stop after an accident. Many are uninsured by default because they don't hold a valid driving licence. Even if they stop after colliding with your pride and joy, who's paying for the repairs?
Every uninsured vehicle seized by Police makes life safer for the rest of us! :thumbsup:

Back