Busbar between dc-dc charger and leisure battery

Toffermora

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening all, so I used a company called Nomadic energy to sort all my electric components out. You tell them what your loads will be etc and they send you the equipment and wiring diagrams. All seems good but I have been looking at the diagrams and have a question about it.
They put the output from the dc-dc charger into busbars before then going to the leisure battery. Would you set it up like that or would you go straight to the leisure battery and then have another cable from the leisure battery to the busbar for the other stuff or does it not matter as it is doing the same thing either way?
Screenshot_2023-05-07-20-59-12-73_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpgScreenshot_2023-05-07-20-59-50-30_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg Then another question I have, if I set it up how they suggest I have 7 inputs/ outputs going through my 4 gang negative busbar. Is it ok to put multiple connections on one bolt on a busbar or is that a big no no?

I suppose I could just ask Nomadic energy all this but thought I would ask you friendly lot.

Would you set it up like that or would you go straight to the leisure battery and then have another cable from the leisure battery to the busbar for the other stuff or does it not matter as it is doing the same thing either way?

It doesn't matter. Personally I did it as they suggest, ie both charger and battery connected to busbar, mainly as I wanted only one wire to the battery terminal.

Then another question I have, if I set it up how they suggest I have 7 inputs/ outputs going through my 4 gang negative busbar. Is it ok to put multiple connections on one bolt on a busbar or is that a big no no?

I guess it depends on the currents, for heavier loads I would use individual bolts but might pile up smaller loads. Even the vehicle ground points tend to be quite busy with multiple wires - it's the same thing really.

I've attached my electric plan designed around OEM AGM battery, I went bit overboard with busbars maybe :)

Attachments

• electric-plan.pdf
    72.2 KB · Views: 64
That's good to hear, will just follow what they say then. Still need to wait for my battery before I can get it sorted anyway.

Back