Bumper protector rubbing barn doors

simonnwt6

T6 Pro
Hi
Have fitted a world of carbon rear bumper protector. The offside (drivers) barn door is low enough to just about scrape the carbon protector.

Is the door height adjustable? Just needs to be 2-3mm

or should I just fit something thinner?

not really fussed what looks like as long as it protects.

thanks

s

Maybe try a protective film.
Think there is alittle adjustment in the door/keeper but IMO not worth messing with, better off keeping the paint in tact.

Hi my rear barn doors are rubbing on the oem bumper protector.
I see people suggest taking it off or putting film on but is there any adjustment in the doors or bumper

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have a protector fitted on rear bumper, it is too thick and too tight and has caused damage to bottom of door. I am looking for recommends where i can purchase one that is thinner.

do you have a towbar fitted?

got any pics of the problem?

Excuse the dirt its just been hammering it down with rain here. First pic is the current protector i think its just not been fitted correctly, this means its high. Second pic shows a gap and an area close to door edge which has damaged paintwork. Third pic is a groove in protector from the door, as its tight. I will take current protector off. Just looking for a recommend on best protector to buy and where from its a T6.1. The different colour is covering some rust berfore it goes into body shop

IMG_8030.jpg

IMG_8031 (1).jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

I went for a genuine vw one from the dealer and fits fine. Has the bumper ever been hit? Don’t know about T6.1 but on my old T5 there is a metal bar behind the bumper that can get bent up if the bumper gets hit. 58A26517-4CCE-44C7-969B-2108B64AD7BD.jpeg

I have only just bought van. I don’t know if it’s been hit but possibly. I think part of problem
Is the protector goes beyond door and behind the rubber seal. I’ll go to local VW dealer

Mine does tuck under the door seal..hopefully yours has just been poorly fitted.

Back