Buddy Box? Cheap Alternative

Generaljake

VIP Member
T6 Pro
...was thinking of a buddy box for my van but they cost anywhere from £140 to £250 and more

The other half came home the other day with one of these :-

Foldable Ottoman

leather look, padded lid and can take an adult weight ( although i wouldn't jump up and down on it )

18 quid :inlove:

just thought I'd post here if anyone else was in my position :notworthy:

Do you reckon you could lock the kids in it as a replacement for the naughty step when out camping?:rolleyes:

I was in a similar position a few years ago albeit wanting to fix one to the A frame at the front of a trailer tent we were using at the time.

I got the largest, UV resistant plastic box with a waterproof lid I could and rather than bolt it to the a frame I cut thin slits in the base of the box
in line with the metal then used Gorilla tape to secure it around the frame, through the slits and back around the frame.

Six 'securing' points in total, it sounds a right bodge but it was neat, worked perfectly and never moved an inch after many trips

I picked up a couple of Ottomans as mentioned by @Generaljake, pretty sturdy and good for sitting on, able to chuck boots & wellies in there out the way.
Got a cube also and they fit snugly between the wheel arches. I was planning to zip-tie them the to the legs of the rear seats, but they don't slide about at all so I haven't bothered.
Please excuse the mud & Christmas tree needles, it does get clean sometimes :)

bus.jpg

Back