Brembo 4-pot brakes

Steeeeve

Teacher
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Having 4 pot Brembos fitted and will need new wheels to clear the callipers. Any ideas?
What are you big brake guys running?

What size Brembo kit?
There is a 4 pot set up for the 340mm disc that will fit under a 17" wheel.

Don't bother with the brembos speak to @Nutexa Frictions much better option
Chris I take it you haven’t tried the Brembos. Best kit on the market. We’ve sold loads - you’ll have to try one of our demos next time we meet up. You’ll be a little Blown away for sure.
I run Brembos ……as a global manufacturer with years of R&D they must at the absolute top of the game.

@Steeeeve what are the calipers off mate ?
Agreed. Ours are the 4pot off an Aston Martin/8P RS3 , which give the perfect pedal feeling, feedback and braking performance.

Last edited:
Having 4 pot Brembos fitted and will need new wheels to clear the callipers. Any ideas?
What are you big brake guys running?
Dependant on what size disc you are using. With the 340mm they will fit behind most 17’s - spacer may be required. The 362 AP Racing disc option with Brembo caliper, we can get behind an 18 with a spacer or pretty much any 19/20” wheel.

Last edited:
Dependant on what size disc you are using. With the 340mm they will fit behind most 17’s - spacer may be required. The 362 AP Racing disc option with Brembo caliper, we can get behind an 18 with a spacer or pretty much any 19/20” wheel.
Interesting, I’ve been looking for a big brake kit and was on the AP Racing site earlier. I couldn’t find anything on there for transporters. Do you have any pics please.
I have seen that Tar Ox are producing a big brake kit specifically designed from scratch for the Transporter.

Interesting, I’ve been looking for a big brake kit and was on the AP Racing site earlier. I couldn’t find anything on there for transporters. Do you have any pics please.
I have seen that Tar Ox are producing a big brake kit specifically designed from scratch for the Transporter.

So our kits are Brembo caliper, AP Racing 2 Piece 362mm floating discs and there are pad choices to choose from. They can be custom painted with any logo :)

Come and have a demo- they are very OEM in normal operation but when needed will literally stand the van on it nose!! You will never feel under-braked, and being a quality setup they will last.

HTH

85599931-6dd1-46cd-a6c0-a0a9450842f6.jpegIMG_4455.jpeg

So our kits are Brembo caliper, AP Racing 2 Piece 362mm floating discs and there are pad choices to choose from. They can be custom painted with any logo :)

Come and have a demo- they are very OEM in normal operation but when needed will literally stand the van on it nose!! You will never feel under-braked, and being a quality setup they will last.

HTH

View attachment 230549View attachment 230550
That looks great. I wish I could come and have a test drive, but I would have to sort it as a camping trip, you are at the other end of the country unfortunately.

I run Brembos ……as a global manufacturer with years of R&D they must at the absolute top of the game.

Sorry for delay in answering…I’ve been on holiday!
Got Aston Martin kit from awesome gti. I have had to use 20mm spacers but sitting outside arches so looking for something that will give me as much rubber on the road as possible and clear callipers

What size Brembo kit?
What wheels specifically, please?

340mm discs, Aston Martin callipers

Using 340mm discs but want to use no/minimal spacers as I want as much rubber on the road as possible. Any 20 iinch 8.5 wheels that may fit the bill?

What size Brembo kit?
Thanks, what wheel?

I run Porsche big brakes with vossen 20s and on airride and I don’t run any spacers
I’ll have a look, thanks

Sorry for delay in answering…I’ve been on holiday!
Got Aston Martin kit from awesome gti. I have had to use 20mm spacers but sitting outside arches so looking for something that will give me as much rubber on the road as possible and clear callipers
What wheel and offset are you using currently?

Currently Wolfrace Kalahari Explorers - 9" 20 = but will need to check offset as the van is in the garage for a few days!

Using 340mm discs but want to use no/minimal spacers as I want as much rubber on the road as possible. Any 20 iinch 8.5 wheels that may fit the bill?
For a 20 x8.5 unless it has a deep spoke you will be fine with all setups.

@Steeeeve I don't know what other offsets those wheels are available in for a transporter fitment. You might get lucky and be able to buy two with a larger offset or possibly run a staggered set up.

Once you know the current offset however, you should at least know what size wheels you need to sort out the 20mm poke issue.

Back