Breakdown Cover?

banksey88

Hi,

I’m due to pick up my conversion the end of this month and currently looking into insurance and breakdown cover.

I understand that I need specific motorhome/campervan insurance and have a few quotes, but do I need specific motorhome/campervan breakdown cover?

I assume I do as I’m not sure what happens if I breakdown and my campervan has to go to the garage overnight, then I wouldn’t have a vehicle or accommodation.

Any advice of what others do would be appreciated, thanks.

Sim73

VIP Member
No you don't and you can actually get cover that covers you rather than the vehicle, for example Green Flag. This means that you are covered whatever vehicle you are in. Some banks (Lloyds - AA) give you cover with certain accounts (sometimes with a small premium).

I use AA and they have got me going due to a flat battery recently (The fridge was running from the vehicle battery instead of the leisure - school boy error). The service was excellent.

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’ve just had my campervan breakdown renewal policy notification through from (CBC) CompareBreakdownCover.co.uk, trading name for Eversure Ltd.
The policy is with Collinson which I must say I’ve never heard of.
It is for UK and European Cover with unlimited European trips of up to 90 days.
Renewal price is a total of £49.54.
Does anybody have any experience of using Collinson as a breakdown service provider?

banksey88

No you don't and you can actually get cover that covers you rather than the vehicle, for example Green Flag. This means that you are covered whatever vehicle you are in. Some banks (Lloyds - AA) give you cover with certain accounts (sometimes with a small premium).

I use AA and they have got me going due to a flat battery recently (The fridge was running from the vehicle battery instead of the leisure - school boy error). The service was excellent.
Thanks for the reply and for the info.

Thats good to know, think AA are top of the league with service but for me they are coming out quite pricey compared to other companies I’ve tried.

banksey88

I’ve just had my campervan breakdown renewal policy notification through from (CBC) CompareBreakdownCover.co.uk, trading name for Eversure Ltd.
The policy is with Collinson which I must say I’ve never heard of.
It is for UK and European Cover with unlimited European trips of up to 90 days.
Renewal price is a total of £49.54.
Does anybody have any experience of using Collinson as a breakdown service provider?
Cheers for that, I’ll give CBC a try.

I’ve done a Go Compare comoarison and there’s a few around that price of companies I’ve not heard of but looked them up on Trustpilot and had some decent reviews. Might be worth doing that with Collinson if you go with them again.