Sold Bowman Palace R road bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete C

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I thought I would offer this here, before I go the usual routes, as I know there are a few cyclists around.

This is a Bowman Palace R road bike which I built in 2017. Since then Strava tells me that it has only done 1,350 km, and all of those have been in the dry. I have quite a few bikes, hence why it is low mileage, and I am selling it to make room for another.

A bit about the bike frameset: Bowman is a British company, and the frame and forks were designed here. The Palace R has a reputation as a fast road bike, and it was this plus the frame colour design that made me buy it. It is a fantastic bike to ride.

The frame size is 56cm which according to Bowman is suitable for someone 5’ 9” to 6’ 0”. I am 5’ 11”.

Full details of the bike as follows:

Bowmans Palace R 56cm aluminium frame with carbon forks.
Prime RR 50 carbon rim wheels - 50mm deep.
Shimano 105 5800 11 speed gears and brakes throughout - it has the correct brake blocks for carbon rims (note that the chainset is Shimano 105 5750).
Easton alloy stem, seat post and handlebars.
Continental GP4000s II tyres (23mm), with plenty of tread left.
Prologo Kappa Evo saddle.

The bike was built with all new components, and cost about £2,000 in parts.

There are a couple of minor flaws to be aware of. The Lizardskin handlebar tape has some wear, and a couple of minor errors where I put it on, and there are some chain scratches on the drive side chain stay - see photo. These could be tidied up if you find some matt black paint of the right colour.
I don’t slam the stem on my bikes, so plenty of spare height on the fork.
The bike will come with the spare spokes that Prime included with the wheels.

Weight as photographed - 7.8kg

I am looking for £900, and I don’t want to post it, but happy to meet someone halfway or deliver locally. I am in Shropshire, near M54 Jn3 (Cosford).

Thanks,

Pete

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg

2.jpeg

4.jpeg

Yes I would. I am actually having that conversation with someone about that at the moment. If it falls through I will let you know.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back