Both windows dropped alarm went off

ThunderboltFMF

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just heard the van alarm go off, 2017 T32, went outside and both windows were dropped all the way down, van still locked.
Any advice/ideas?

Interesting, as I had a few incidents of that a few years ago but never got to the bottom of it.

Thanks, it’s weird. I went and got the keys from the porch, then opened the van and put them up. Locked the van.
It’s odd isn’t it?

I can’t see that, one key is in the office and the normal key is in the key box, which is supposed to be a faraday cage.

Test it..

Press and hold the unlock button.... The windows will drop and van will unlock.

But if you don't open the doors in 20sec the van will relock.(But Windows stay open)

Then a while later the alarm will go off.

Normally a sticky key, (ie failing button)

A wet key,

Sitting on the key,
Etc etc.

Well, every day is a school day.
I didn’t know about the long press opening the windows or closing them.
As @Dellmassive says must be a sticky button.
I can’t get my head around the keys being in the box, but it has to be that.

It's a feature called comfort opening and closing.

Press and hold either the unlock or lock button.

But the window pinch protection needs to be set before it operates.... Ie one touch window up or down.

Ie, this needs resetting after the battery is disconnected.

Well, every day is a school day.
I didn’t know about the long press opening the windows or closing them.
As @Dellmassive says must be a sticky button.
I can’t get my head around the keys being in the box, but it has to be that.
It’s been a feature on most decent vehicles for decades. Windows and sunroof if fitted. Handy when you’ve got out of the car and realised there’s a window down or roof open. Useful on a baking day too. On your return, open everything from the outside with the key and let the inside cool down.

It's a feature called comfort opening and closing.

Press and hold either the unlock or lock button.

But the window pinch protection needs to be set before it operates.... Ie one touch window up or down.

Ie, this needs resetting after the battery is disconnected.
My last van was 2003 and had manual windows, I have never had something this posh before.
Still learning.
Could it have happened hours beforehand when your key were in your pocket, then relocked after a while when no door opened, then hours later the wind or whatever set off the alarm?
I honestly don’t know.
It’s been a feature on most decent vehicles for decades. Windows and sunroof if fitted. Handy when you’ve got out of the car and realised there’s a window down or roof open. Useful on a baking day too. On your return, open everything from the outside with the key and let the inside cool down.
Last van, was a 2003 sprinter, so to me this is posh.

Back