Boris Won’t Close This Pub

I feel for you I really do.....but I'm wondering how clear they can be. If they said 4 weeks then lock down is up would be be moaning at them when they extend it by another 2 weeks because the science says to do it.
Its a very bad economical problem that we will be paying for decades to come.
But if it can keep my parents and friends alive for another 20years then that is a trade off we are having to make at the moment.
It's very hard to find a right path for everyone. Hopefully the antibody test is working and starts to be mass reproduced sooner rather than later.
I'm gonna stop commenting now before I put anyone's nose outa joint. Don't want to disrespectful to anyone with my views that may not work for all.
All the best to everyone at this very trying time.

@Yzfr1

Dont feel as you carnt comment, sometimes it’s good to hear all sides
As long as your not rude to anyone what’s the problem with free speech, it’s healthy

Andy

I feel for you I really do.....but I'm wondering how clear they can be. If they said 4 weeks then lock down is up would be be moaning at them when they extend it by another 2 weeks because the science says to do it.
But if it can keep my parents and friends alive for another 20years then that is a trade off we are having to make at the moment.
It's very hard to find a right path for everyone. Hopefully the antibody test is working and starts to be mass reproduced sooner rather than later.
I'm gonna stop commenting now before I put anyone's nose outa joint. Don't want to disrespectful to anyone with my views that may not work for all.

I fully agree with all the points you have made.
As for the antibody test as I understand it up to now the scientists are still unclear that those who have had covid will be immune, or if they are how long that immunity will last for. I can see this getting worse before it gets better.
For one example the other day I was out for a walk (applying correct social distancing) and I saw a group of about 8-10 youths who were hanging around, a couple with small motorbikes like nothing was going on. It's not an isolated case either. I can see us very soon having the highest death rate in Europe.

All information has to be in perspective, on the Wirral there is 359 confirmed cases with 79 deaths but the population of Wirral is 323k

The government guidelines regarding work are crystal clear as far as I'm concerned.

Only go to work if you absolutely cannot do it from home and can maintain a distance of at least 2m from anyone whilst doing it.

As hard as I try, I will never be able to fit a roof to a garage 15 miles away, from my house, let alone hang 15 solid oak doors in it aswell.

I am literally, working on my own.

I will NOT stop working untill I am told I can't, or I am unable to keep my distance from people whilst doing so.

I think many people either haven't thought that far ahead, or are in denial about the hardship that will follow this, and that is why I'm doing all the work I can at the moment, as I expect the next few years to be very hard indeed.

In the last 3 weeks I have been verbally abused many times by people who feel they have right to judge me because I am not staying at home.

Maybe these people are at home on 80% of their wages, or are just paralyzed by fear and believe everyone else should be the same.

It is telling of our time, and the rotten influence of communication via the internet and social media, leads to people shouting abuse at you in the street, rather than engaging in conversation to try and better understand your situation/point. (and yours thiers).

I wonder how many of these people panic bought to the point that I couldn't find any paracetamol to help with my arthritis pain for 2 weeks.

'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'.

All information has to be in perspective, on the Wirral there is 359 confirmed cases with 79 deaths but the population of Wirral is 323k

Similar in Cambridgeshire.

350 ish cases out of 651,000 people.

As @.50 says the advice is not to only go out to work if your work is essential but to only go out to work if you cannot work from home. The only caveat is that you must be able to social distance at work. Regardless, anything we do at the moment needs to be risk assessed to ensure all available controls are used to reduce the risk.

My fear is that the country has ground to a halt and unless people who can work safely are allowed to work (both by the government and the public opinion) then the lockdown will need to be lifted too early to avoid total and unrecoverable economic collapse which would result in more people put at risk.

We are contractors to the BEIS account and we were instructed to "stand down" last Wednesday. We have a number of their sites that are WIP and my client won't be able to occupy them once the lockdown is over.
If they are stopping their own works, it won't be long before they stop all construction.
All our NHS works has also now been stopped.

Guys im thinking of buying a beerwulf sub?. Any plus or minus points to consider or any advice is appreciated before i pull the trigger.

The torps are getting more and more expensive and rarely in stock so you have to pick from whats available online (which often isnt very much) and you have to buy 8 to get free delivery
The sub compact loads from the top and takes a little longer to chill and people say they are slightly noisier, the regular sub (like the Heineken one) load from the front and have a longer/higher handle, the loading aspect is mostly relevant for where you intend to keep it as under a wall unit in kitchen is tight with a compact

The beers are all the continental versions so if you order for example amstel you wont get the same as bottles of the shelf (which is a plus point IMO)

Back