Boris Won’t Close This Pub

Yeah its seems everyones got the same idea and buying in bulk While the lockdown is on so making it hard to get hold if the beer we like.

Yeah its seems everyones got the same idea and buying in bulk While the lockdown is on so making it hard to get hold if the beer we like.
It has proved more difficult to get hold of the torps. Also the deliveries are taking a lot longer. I received my delivery yesterday when it was ordered 14 days before.
I always buy a minimum of 8 torps as you get free delivery.

Word of warning: You need to order in multiples of 8. If you order 12 for example, then you will be charge delivery on the 4.

The key to a sub is keeping all the torps in the fridge, pre chilled takes minutes #greenlightmeansgo :)

The key to a sub is keeping all the torps in the fridge, pre chilled takes minutes #greenlightmeansgo :)
When I empty one I take the next one from the fridge and stick it in the freezer for 10 mins. It's then ready to go as soon as you load it. :thumbsup:

I’m still working, I haven’t stopped. I work as a land surveyor, have done a number of emergency jobs for the council. My understanding was that if you were unable to work from home then you carried on working. There was never any mention of only essential works being carried out. I now work alone during these times, lone traveller in my van, I don’t share equipment and hand sanitise before smoking/eating etc, follow a safe procedure when refuelling. I maintain the 2m distance from the general public, but tbh I don’t really see many people during the day. To be honest I don’t see how the government can maintain supporting everyone’s salary for the next 6 months. My partner works for a housing association. They have furloughed most of their employees, even the ones who can work at home. Their income comes from rent, they are a non profit making organisation, so to me it sounds like they are abusing the system, their income has not been affected yet as it come from rent, so why are they using the government furloughed scheme to effectively put everyone in holiday and claim their wages back.

Our local council (who are also the landlord of my business premises) have furloughed everyone, no mail and rubbish piling up in the corridors ! WTF

Our local council (who are also the landlord of my business premises) have furloughed everyone, no mail and rubbish piling up in the corridors ! WTF
Ask for a rent rebate :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: Loz
My local village shop buys in Henry Westons Old Vintage for me, dangerous cider at 8.2% love it.
I was planning a trip to westons brewery tour with few of us off here this year but dont look like it will happen this year, love vintage but can kick ya arse 8 bottles in 4 hours you know about it :rofl:

To be honest I don’t see how the government can maintain supporting everyone’s salary for the next 6 months.
It's simple, the government can't. We will be repaying this money for decades to come in the form of higher taxes and austerity. There will be less money available for the NHS.
People who can't work from home, but can maintain a safe way of work should work, as you are, with rational changes to their methods if necessary.
I know roofers who have been furloughed. They have tons of work ahead of them, they can work safely away from the public and they could travel to site in different vehicles, but the boss has shut down because he says the public expect him to and it would damage the company reputation to continue to work. This is very damaging to the economy and is not justified by the science.
Employers using the furlough system when they could safely carry on working are taking money from government that could be allocated to the NHS.

the boss has shut down because he says the public expect him to and it would damage the company reputation to continue to work. This is very damaging to the economy and is not justified by the science.

A very sensible approach and one of the top reasons I have kept my business closed. As hard as it might be, it only takes one picture on social media of a company name on a van or t-shirt for a reputation to be tarnished, so I totally agree there. The public are certainly not afraid to have a pop at people working as we've already read on here, so grabbing a pic from a distance and whacking it on their FB isn't difficult to imagine.

A very sensible approach and one of the top reasons I have kept my business closed. As hard as it might be, it only takes one picture on social media of a company name on a van or t-shirt for a reputation to be scared for life, so I totally agree there. The public are certainly not afraid to have a pop at people working as we've already read on here, so grabbing a pic from a distance and whacking it on their FB isn't difficult to imagine.
At the co op near me, I was watching from my house two member of staff in the car park. One was drawing X’s 2 mtrs apart and the other was holding the bag of chalk right next to him

Back