Boris Won’t Close This Pub

I know sport will be the the least of your worries right now, but if you have Sky sports, you can freeze your subscription, but still view the sport channels.

Worth a look if you with different suppliers too.

You can now pause Sky Sports online and still get the channels for free
@DaveyB
Hi all, I just phoned BT to cancel my Sport and bt-tv ( I’m out of contract) and was going to do this at this time, without the virus sport cancellations.

The BT guy said, “BT was giving me / everyone the cost of the sport back this month”.
..but the way he worded it, he did it because I was on the phone to him, or I would need to sort it online?

So I think you need to go online. go to..
Bt.com/help
Then click on sport

After 12 years of service, just 2 days into the lockdown, the fridge part of my fridge freezer decides to pack up. Law of sodding sod. :( Found the fault but after a search on the tinterweb, and given its age, repair isnt really viable.

So ordered a new fridge from Currys. Delivery days available but 30 quid!!! for delivery slots in next 5 days. And even then that's not a slot as such, just delivery at some point during the day. High demand or profiteering?:devil: Needless to say next free delivery day, is day 8. I say deliver. Covid-19 means it will be pushed off the back of a lorry and I'll have to lug it into the house myself.

Thankfully someone built a van with a top loading fridge. What a clever chap he was. Whoever he maybe. :whistle:

As the saying goes, 'failing to plan, is planning to fail'.:thumbsup:

PS. Kenwood make fridges. Who knew.;)

20200326_122338.jpg

Last edited:
not sure this is the the right place, but thought this little joke would be appreciated...

Husband walks into a police station: My wife is missing, She went out yesterday and has not come home...
Sergeant at Police Station: What is her height?
Husband: hmmm, I'm not sure. A little over five-feet tall.

Sergeant: Weight?
Husband: Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.

Sergeant: Colour of eyes?
Husband: Sort of brown I think. Never really noticed.

Sergeant: Colour of hair?
Husband: Changes a couple times a year. Maybe dark brown now.I can’t remember.

Sergeant:What was she wearing?
Husband: Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts. I don't know exactly.

Sergeant: What kind of car did she go in?
Husband: She went in my Audi
Sergeant: What kind of Audi was it?

Husband: (sobbing)
Audi A6 Avant Black Edition, Ambient Lighting pack - A6, Front and outer rear heated seats, Valcona leather - Lunar silver + super sport seats, 3 spoke heated sports leather multifunction steering wheel with paddle shift, LED Matrix headlights with high beam assist, Pearlescent paint, Audi drive select, Audi parking system plus with front and rear sensors, Audible and visual fasten seat belt warning - front and rear, Cruise control, Driver's information system, MMI SD card Navigation, Mobile telephone preparation, PAS, Service interval indicator, 3 point seatbelts on all seats, ABS-EBD, ASR traction control, Curtain airbags, Driver and passenger airbags, Driver-front passenger side airbags, Electromechanical parking brake, Electronic stability control, Front passenger airbag deactivation, Hill hold assist, Tyre pressure monitoring system, Warning triangle and first aid kit, Anti theft alarm, Anti-theft wheel bolts, Immobiliser, Keyless Start, Remote central locking, Audi music interface, Auxiliary input socket, DAB digital radio module, MMI Radio plus with CD player and bluetooth interface, SD card slot, USB connection, 12V power in rear centre console, 4 way electric lumbar support, 4 zone climate control, Aluminium door sill trims, Black cloth headlining, Double cargo floor, Electric front seats + driver memory, Front centre armrest, Front head restraints, Front-rear floor mats, Height adjustable front seats, Isofix front passenger and rear seat preparation, Jack and tool kit, Load lashing points, Luggage compartment cover, Luggage rails, Perforated leather gearknob, Rear headrests, Split folding rear seat, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Automatic headlights + automatic windscreen wipers, Body coloured bumpers, Body coloured door mirrors and handles, Body coloured roof spoiler, Door sill trims with S line logo, Electric front-rear windows, Headlight washers, High gloss black door mirrors, High gloss black finish B pillar, High gloss black triangular aperture at rear door, LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights, Light sensor, Platinum grey front lip spoiler, Privacy glass (to rear of B post), Rain sensor, Rear wiper, Alcantara door trim, Piano black finish inlay, Space saver spare wheel, Black Styling pack - A6 Avant, Non smoking pack - A6, Diesel particulate filter (the sobbing has turned into a full cry.)

Sergeant: don't worry buddy. We'll find your Audi

'How much do you love me?' She asked.

Just got home from work and Mrs Donkey has pulled a blinder.

Saw a programme on the telebox a few weeks ago, all about chocolate. They happened to mention this stuff was coming back for a run, due to demand. Asda, Tesco, Co-op. No joy. Been searching for ages. She found it today in B&M of all places while doing an essential food shop. And it doesn't get more essential than this. Not that I want to promote panic buying or anything but 10 bars of Old Jamaica rum and raisin are now stashed.:thumbsup:

Lock down rations are complete. Up yours virus:geek:

20200404_143409.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, I am so jealous! That has suddenly also made me think of another long-gone chocolate bar I used to love - Aztec bars.....must not go out...must not go out....!

'How much do you love me?' She asked.

Just got home from work and Mrs Donkey has pulled a blinder.

Saw a programme on the telebox a few weeks ago all about chocolate. They happened to mention this stuff was coming back for a run, due to demand. Asda, Tesco, Coop. No joy. Been searching for ages. She found it today in B&M of all places while doing an essential food shop. And it doesn't get more essential than this. Not that I want to promote panic buying or anything but 10 bars of Old Jamaica rum and raisin are now stashed.:thumbsup:

Lock down rations are complete. Up yours virus:geek:

View attachment 64981
Share ! :x3::x3:

It's quite interesting reading back through this thread, where it was started at the beginning and the different stages we've been through. This will be a very interesting one to re-read in a years time, but I suspect we will all remember this for the rest of our lives.

I'm only just into my 3rd week stuck inside and the emotions have been through every stage, but mostly it's frustration and anger. Being stuck within a single home sounds fine in principal, but in reality it's far harder than i'd ever imagined. Human beings are not meant to be cooped up with the same faces for weeks at a time. I love my family, but I also love my time away from them, be that working or out with my mates. The small things get under your skin. Kids opening and closing doors constantly. The thud of stairs up and down, up and down. The pure boredom after you've done your little bits and bobs that needed doing. I also find watching my neighbour going out every day very irritating. He is the best neighbour you could ever want, but he's of a generation that just won't listen, so you stop telling them and just get pissed off every time you hear their car start up, knowing they are not off to get essentials, just off to do as per their normal day, when you are stuck looking out the same windows.
The quietness is very relaxing. Sitting out on my front on a comfortable chair not hearing a great deal of traffic is pure bliss and makes me want to move house out into the sticks even more now.

This place is a big help though. It's great to read what people are up to every day, specially when you know or have met a lot of members personally.

It's quite interesting reading back through this thread, where it was started at the beginning and the different stages we've been through. This will be a very interesting one to re-read in a years time, but I suspect we will all remember this for the rest of our lives.

I'm only just into my 3rd week stuck inside and the emotions have been through every stage, but mostly it's frustration and anger. Being stuck within a single home sounds fine in principal, but in reality it's far harder than i'd ever imagined. Human beings are not meant to be cooped up with the same faces for weeks at a time. I love my family, but I also love my time away from them, be that working or out with my mates. The small things get under your skin. Kids opening and closing doors constantly. The thud of stairs up and down, up and down. The pure boredom after you've done your little bits and bobs that needed doing. I also find watching my neighbour going out every day very irritating. He is the best neighbour you could ever want, but he's of a generation that just won't listen, so you stop telling them and just get pissed off every time you hear their car start up, knowing they are not off to get essentials, just off to do as per their normal day, when you are stuck looking out the same windows.
The quietness is very relaxing. Sitting out on my front on a comfortable chair not hearing a great deal of traffic is pure bliss and makes me want to move house out into the sticks even more now.

This place is a big help though. It's great to read what people are up to every day, specially when you know or have met a lot of members personally.

Know exactly we’re your coming from pal
I suppose the forum is our only normality for now
We all moan at times but over nothing really
Roll on the better times

Andy

You may want to stay in bed for an extra few hours tomorrow then :whistle:

I know exactly what you mean @Tourershine, this is becoming a real mental challenge. You definitely start noticing all those annoying little ways of those closest to you...:speechless::mad::cry::rofl:

I have also started noticing the wildlife in our garden much more too, which is proving to be very therapeutic. We live on the edge of town in a semi rural location, and it seems to me that nature is thriving this Spring. Never seen so many butterflies and bumble bees.

Also, I have become totally fascinated with a male blue tit who is building a nest in the nest box on the back of our house. He sits on the handle of our french doors whilst we have breakfast, and attacks his own reflection. For something so small he is amazingly territorial, and chases off anything that dares to come our bird feeder, including a great spotted woodpecker! And have you seen the pink moon? Amazing!

Been on here for a while now, and really enjoy the shared knowledge and experience of such an amazingly diverse group of like-minded people. Certainly helping keep me sane at the moment!

I have really enjoyed following your own van journey on here - you are really good at sharing your ideas, thought processes and experiences in a very objective way (particularly enjoy your comments on the suspension threads).

I would be very interested to see what you would do with a 6.1...

I think i must be in a minority, i used to spend a fair bit of time at home and my workshop here, but with this increased time at home I've been plodding though the list of jobs i've been meaning to get around to. Typically i would often find myself leaving the house to do favours for others in my free time and not doing my own stuff! I've got a couple more jobs i want to have a look at, including an engine rebuild on a shifter kart I've had laying about a while, finish off a drift trike i was building and also getting my Mk1 Golf GTI ready to come out the garage when all this is over and the workshop needs a major tidy up also.

Our baby is now a month old and has only left the house 3 times since he was born, so thats not ideal and a shame for family who are not able to see him in his early life. Google Duo has been used a lot more recently, I've been hosting group video chats with family so we can all chat together, its forced some of the less 'tech savvy' to embrace the technology as there really isnt a lot of alternative at the moment.

In some respects this new life suits me better, working from home is convenient and saves me 2 hours of commuting every day with the advantage of being about to help out with baby. I'm not sure how our dog is going to take it when all this is over, he was always my shadow, however more recently he barely leaves my side. when i have to go to work he is not going to be very happy!

Make the best of the situation folks as much as you can!

I would be very interested to see what you would do with a 6.1...

Now that's a project that I'd revel in hopefully next year.
For me the first challenge would be narrowing down an actual colour. You know me and my love for a Black vehicle, but in the last year or so, my love for Black is diminishing mainly due to how much work it is to maintain. Saying that, there have been some stunning Black builds lately, like the creation by @BognorMotors :cool: That thing is stunning. I know that I'd probably stick with the banded steel look, but more attention in the Gloss Blacking department. I'm a huge fan of the Transporter HQ 6.1 but is a commercial bumper for me? I don't think I'd be able to stick with the none painted bumpers, but love the look.

My plan would be a twin slider Kombi, but no glass in the side doors to make it look like a panel van. Low, steels and super detailed. The colour is my achilles heel if that's the correct terminology.

All good fun building and tweaking though.

My plan would be a twin slider Kombi, but no glass in the side doors to make it look like a panel van. Low, steels and super detailed. The colour is my achilles heel if that's the correct terminology.

That's what I'm after for my next T6, I've already enquired about the build. But I'm not 100% sure now due to receiving plenty of correspondence about a new vehicle from VW UK but nothing concerning any financial assistance.

Back