Boot release button on key

ST11 CLK

Hey guys anyone had an issue where the boot button on the key doesn't unlock the back? I've tried pressing it and holding it down all it does is makes the indicators flash like you would expect if it was locking or unlocking but doesn't do anymore than that?

Hey guys anyone had an issue where the boot button on the key doesn't unlock the back? I've tried pressing it and holding it down all it does is makes the indicators flash like you would expect if it was locking or unlocking but doesn't do anymore than that?
I came across an option to enable/disable control of the tailgate locking with the remote with VCDS while I was looking for other stuff. If it's been like that from the start then maybe recoding it would fix it?

Ok the vans only a week old so I'm assuming that would fall on a warranty issue? I've tried both keys they do the same thing.

I can help...........

Try pressing it when the area around the boot is completely clear, i.e not next to a wall, another vehicle etc.

Stand well back & then try - it will open!

We had the same problem with our new T6 & even our salesman told us they only unlock the boot, not open.

Let me know how you get on.....

I can help...........

Try pressing it when the area around the boot is completely clear, i.e not next to a wall, another vehicle etc.

Stand well back & then try - it will open!

We had the same problem with our new T6 & even our salesman told us they only unlock the boot, not open.

Let me know how you get on.....
Thanks did the trick, because I park near a wall at my house it wouldn't let me open it.

Hi, I seem to have the same issue but rather than the boot struggling to open, it struggles to close.
As you said, it flashes the indicators frantically and doesn’t close. I have done as you said and cleared any objects but it still will not close!
However, it opens perfectly fine.

Hi, I seem to have the same issue but rather than the boot struggling to open, it struggles to close.
As you said, it flashes the indicators frantically and doesn’t close. I have done as you said and cleared any objects but it still will not close!
However, it opens perfectly fine.

From factory the button only opens the boot not closes it, you can change the coding with vcds, first thing I did when I bought it!

Back