Bolt wanted

Niknak

Mechanic
T6 Legend
Hi everyone hoping there might be someone on here that deals with fixings, I’m after some 8mm tread size bolts with the biggest flattest heads I can find ideally in black, I don’t want normally with washers or any other suggestions sorry to be blunt the type of thing I’m after are like motor bike fairing fixings but in m8 with a length over 30mm thanks for any help in advance before I get some frame fixings and tap out some m8 stud and make my own cheers

A coach bolt will provide the biggest diameter head and shallowest profile, not high tensile though and has square under the head.
Only any good if you are using with a nut as no drive on the bolt head.
Screwfix have stock and plenty on Ebay

A 16mm pan head screw will have a 16mm dia’ head, slot head.

No coach bolts are a no sorry but appreciate the idea, really I want a flat underside with a minimum of a 15mm diameter head, I know I’m being picky

Really anoyed I have no access to a lathe anymore or I’d have no issues

No coach bolts are a no sorry but appreciate the idea, really I want a flat underside with a minimum of a 15mm diameter head, I know I’m being picky
Standard m8 pan head screw is 16mm diameter.

Took all of 10 seconds to find.
Appreciate it but on second thoughts I want a larger head diameter for what I need to do cheers working out the loadings

I can't remember how wide the heads are but these are quite wide and flat. (maybe 15mm?) but only M6
There are matching female threaded parts as well..

Some M8 versions here but the heads are still under 15mm.

Or Titanium M8x30, you won't like the price though..

M10 aluminium.. head diameter 17.5

or 18mm head but M6 and only 22mm long

Last edited:
Back