Boat update!

Buggirl

DJ VdubRadio
VIP Member
T6 Legend
so finally looks like we are going to complete on house sale tomorrow and can buy our boat. Fingers crossed this could be last night in my house! 5 lovely years here. Sad but excited! Let new chapter begin!

Good Luck and any new chapter brings both sadness but excitement too. Enjoy the exciting new chapter and we look forward to seeing your new home.

Looking forward to seeing some photos when you get the boat!!

Oooo lovely.
Can we look forward to updates on kitchen units and layout, leisure battery upgrades , changing to LED lighting and does a boat need a splitter?? Sadly no wheels!!

Are you going for a highline or a sportline equivalent?
And most importantly what colour.

There's so much to hear about

Beat of luck Buggirl, I do hope it all goes well.

WOW - looks brilliant - I am a tad envious!! After numerous boating holidays we have always fancied trying full time life on a boat but there is no way we could declutter our lives enough to make it work, i.e. we would always have to keep a house as a backstop which would defeat the object somewhat.

Good luck - hope it works out and please keep the updates coming.

Edit: Have you considered writing a blog to cover the transition to life on the boat, etc..??

I lived on a 40ft narrowboat for 5 years, lov3d the spring, Summer and Autumn...Winters are tough but stick with it.
My advice is have a routine, Monday’s were water top up, every 3 weeks, empty the waste tank.

We had a great time living on board but we’re able to save enough to buy a house.

Awesome! My team leader has just purchased a boat and I helped him for 3 days bringing it to it's new moorings. Forwards and steering were ok but I struggled with stopping.
I like @Davenjo's idea with regards to a blog. :thumbsup:

I am going to be doing a blog and vlog I think. I had some serious decluttering to do.
To give you some background, I had a lovely house huge garden, huge drive and reasonable sized mortgage in a decent area. You might think, why would you then go live on a boat? Well it's simply because I want a simple life and it is! I have the travel and move bug so much that this way I get to go off in the vanand the boat!

Not like me to pipe up and make personal comment on the forum ,usually just van related information, but what a great forum this is , someone doing something completely away from VW,s and not one negative comment , only good luck messages , well done comments and positives . Not many people would be brave enough to sale their house and go for the dream . Very best of luck @Buggirl hope your new life adventure brings you as much enjoyment as your van has and more !! Stampie

Not like me to pipe up and make personal comment on the forum ,usually just van related information, but what a great forum this is , someone doing something completely away from VW,s and not one negative comment , only good luck messages , well done comments and positives . Not many people would be brave enough to sale their house and go for the dream . Very best of luck @Buggirl hope your new life adventure brings you as much enjoyment as your van has and more !! Stampie
That is such a lovely thing to say thanks so much! Xxx

Back