Boarding out a panel van T6.1

Roberts83

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi lovely folk,

I am in possession of t6.1 van panel van and I am wondering how you go about boarding the back out with plywood, ie how you secured the batons for the plywood to go on....or does anyone know of anyone in the northamptonshire area which does this?

Cheers

Chris

Usual practice would be to use self tappers to secure the ply straight to the inner frame of the van.

Ahh - you are talking about the floor? In which case bond the battens with Sikaflex, then screw or bond to the battens.

Ahh - you are talking about the floor? In which case bond the battens with Sikaflex, then screw or bond to the battens.
Yeah it will be the floor and half way up the sides, headboard and door. Sorry, should have said. Cheers for the information, appreciate it.

Yeah it will be the floor and half way up the sides, headboard and door. Sorry, should have said. Cheers for the information, appreciate it.
For the lower side panels, a quick way would be to look out for some original panels - often they appear on here if they are removed in some conversions. Even if you don’t fancy hardboard, you can use them as a template for ply, that you can fix to the original clip holes.

For the lower side panels, a quick way would be to look out for some original panels - often they appear on here if they are removed in some conversions. Even if you don’t fancy hardboard, you can use them as a template for ply, that you can fix to the original clip holes.
Aint thought of that...i dont mind what they are, just want to protect the sides.

I’m no expert, but I have a few tubes of 522 which is sticking everything very securely. Solar panel to roof, and side panels to van metalwork are very secure.

Back