Black roof

DarrylDunn

T6 Pro
I have been thinking about getting the roof of my Ascot grey van painted black.
Got it looked at this morning and the painterpointed out something I hadn’t considered.
He felt it would potentially increase the temperature a lot during the summer months.
I know a few people have had theirs done, just wondering if they had noticed much of a difference. Roof void is being insulated as we speak.

Why don’t you have it vinyl wrapped? You can remove it if you decide it’s not for you. Had the roof on my 435d BMW done. 3 years later and it’s still perfect.82763284-2F60-4BDE-8599-156BE76FFA5C.jpeg

Just a thought but you could always get it wrapped in black and then you can remove if its a problem.

I have a Kombi Edition which come with a black roof as standard and have not noticed any issues.

I have been thinking about getting the roof of my Ascot grey van painted black.
Got it looked at this morning and the painterpointed out something I hadn’t considered.
He felt it would potentially increase the temperature a lot during the summer months.
I know a few people have had theirs done, just wondering if they had noticed much of a difference. Roof void is being insulated as we speak.
I’ve had my last 3 vans done, never experienced a issue with heat, as you insulate it to keep it warm in the winter and cooler in the summer

D27095CC-2CB3-4BD0-971F-E2F4823A1382.jpeg
46669D88-AE03-4DBD-B20B-7C4AD798AE76.jpeg
F54FEE70-9C60-4170-BF6F-274692319BCF.jpeg

Had the roof on my 435d BMW done.

I had that done with mine but in satin carbon after the repair on my roof was complete.
Less than 200 miles on it and some wee scrote dropped bricks from a railway bridge as my wife passed by, could've killed her !

Paint or wrap, which is the best option?

Wrap, a painted edge would be hard to blend and susceptible to chipping, the wrap can be tucked under the weather strip of the encapsulated windows

Back