BLACK FRIDAY DEALS.....

I've got a Tamiya TT01 at the mo, brushless motor, drift tyres. Not used it much, feel a bit of an idiot playing with an RC car at 43 with the wife next to me with her mini.

Love rc cars. Had a tamya hornet, fox and monster beetle when I was young.

I also raced 1/8 rallycross at bagington. Absoloutly loved it, but due to kids, had to give it up. Will start again one day....

I've been trying to buy an air rifle having had a few BB guns; the last one broke but was really powerful and accurate.
To say the idea hasn't gone down well is a vast understatement. You'd think I wanted to buy a heavy machine gun.
Off next week for a night shoot with a mate who has decent kit and a night vision scope; that's allowed.

Put your foot down, tell her whos boss ( thats what i do :whistle::rofl:)

The best RC vehicle I had was the Traxxas Revo. Had the nitro engine and two speed gear box. Loved taking it down the bmx/ scate park cos I could get it doing back flips off the 1/4 pipes (and land them). It used to well impress D Youth down there. But then I realised it was mega weird standing in a scate park at 35 years old, playing with a toy truck, whilst kids stood round watching. #Uncomfortable!!!!

I got the traxes erevo, stuffed full of lipo batteries it's an animal, it's ripped tyres off the rims, flips on the spot, spent more time rebuilding it after I hit the next immobile object, currently chucked under the bed another hobbie pushed to one side

I got the traxes erevo, stuffed full of lipo batteries it's an animal, it's ripped tyres off the rims, flips on the spot, spent more time rebuilding it after I hit the next immobile object, currently chucked under the bed another hobbie pushed to one side
Mine went a similar way; the ESC and spur/pinion gears just weren't man enough for the job; got through three ESCs, two motors and had to get the gears custom cast in steel (it came with plastic ones!!).
It's a great buggy but the last time I used it, the ESC was playing up again. Also upgraded the receiver to the non aerial version and went for a stick controller as I hate the trigger ones.

What was a fairly good VFM car has cost me a small fortune! Still fun when it works though.

Last edited:
Mine went a similar way; the ESC and spur/pinion gears just weren't man enough for the job; got through three ESCs, two motors and had to get the gears custom cast in steel (it came with plastic ones!!).
It's a great buggy but the last time I used it, the ESC was playing up again. Also upgraded the receiver to the non aerial version and went for a stick controller as I hate the trigger ones.

What was a fairly good VFM car has cost me a small fortune! Still fun when it works though.
Likewise, I just got fed up with rebuilding it, must have spent 5 times the cost of the vehicle on upgrades and replacement parts. Haven't got a clue where its gone actually.

Almost makes vans seem cheap...
My MTB phase (was almost obsessed) was the worst; I was constantly killing kit and it cost me a fortune! Now I ride far less, my bikes actually stay working for more than a week without needing replacements!

On topic, my bike rack has been dispatched; hurrah!

Almost makes vans seem cheap...
My MTB phase (was almost obsessed) was the worst; I was constantly killing kit and it cost me a fortune! Now I ride far less, my bikes actually stay working for more than a week without needing replacements!

On topic, my bike rack has been dispatched; hurrah!

You'd better not get it before me !!!

It arrived - looks like the courier pretended he'd delivered yesterday but hadn't... Caused all sorts of confusion trying to track it.
Anyway it looks great - very well made and darned heavy! I'll get it on tomorrow if I can. Mentioned in the other thread but it says all vans but the Cali need stronger struts (the Cali has the strongest of four types of strut) - worth looking into.

So jealous @Walski . I have a Lego Beetle to build on Christmas day and the missus has a Lego Mini so not so bad.

Oh wow, do you reckon anyone would notice if the boxes were empty and the kits already built, when they get unwrapped on Christmas morn?

I've been trying to buy an air rifle having had a few BB guns; the last one broke but was really powerful and accurate.
To say the idea hasn't gone down well is a vast understatement. You'd think I wanted to buy a heavy machine gun.
Off next week for a night shoot with a mate who has decent kit and a night vision scope; that's allowed.

A friend of mine owns Solware, be careful if you look on his site....you might get the buzz to order something :whistle:

Back