Bilstein B14 fitting instructions thread.

Hi all.
Does anyone know a link to a B14 fitting instructions thread please ?

I have removed my old OEM shock - transfered the top cap assembly and refitted the new B14.

Both top nuts seem to bottom out on the top of the shock piston when tightening - both the top cap assembly holder nut and the very top nut that holds the b14 in place (which is accessed under the bonnet). I previously read the top cap holder nut should bottom out on the piston and it looks good as it secures the assembly and spring fine but I was expecting the very top nut to load the rubbers and I would torque it up to 50nm or so - it’s not like this it seems.

Any thought please ?

Regards

The top nut that secures the strut into the van in the scuttle panel area should be tight and should pull the rubber top mount firmly into place. There should be no slack. Within the scuttle panel area you should have a rubber backed metal washer that is approximately an inch or so in diameter. Make sure that this is rubber face down.

Thanks @thevancave. The very top nut does tighten but not much until it seems to bottom out and can’t be tightened any more. I have the top washer on. There is a lot of thread poking though on the strut piston. It’s probably all fine it’s just me being over cautious.

Matts T619! Did you manage to workout the problem, I've just fitted my b14s and I'm having the same problem

Hey folks, if anyone figured this out, it would be good to hear what your solution is.
I fitted new Meyle shocks, and new top-mount assemblies, and now I find that very top disc (with the rubber backing) is quite loose, even with the nut tight.
Did anyone work out what the solution is?

Back