Bike locks for a VW rack

Bringing this thread back to life...
Any new and innovative inventions for bike security. I like @Pauly's idea on page one with the trailer cable. This would work if van is locked so a good way of adding a car park deterant.
Anything available used to lock the bikes during transit? The fiamma is only an alluminum tube so not the strongest.
I used a cable through an wheel when parked at campsite with my old t4 (i didnt care about bikes falling against the van then) so again any ideas welcome.

I'd personally avoid a combination style lock.
I had an Abus one just to lock the bikes together when on holiday and mine totally jammed up on our recent trip, meaning 5 bikes were locked in a way that I couldn't get them back into my MH in France on a camp site :eek:
We managed to get hold of a set of good bolt croppers after a long winded explanation to the French site owners, and that just squashed the cable, but wouldn't cut through it. Great strong lock for little money I thought, until I actually managed to prise it apart using just a screwdriver.

I need a minimum 2 metre cable lock because we always have 4, and often 5 bikes to lock up at night, or when out and about, so I will watch this thread with interest.

Big chain covered with old inner tube and a massive padlock.

I'd personally avoid a combination style lock.
I had an Abus one just to lock the bikes together when on holiday and mine totally jammed up on our recent trip, meaning 5 bikes were locked in a way that I couldn't get them back into my MH in France on a camp site :eek:
We managed to get hold of a set of good bolt croppers after a long winded explanation to the French site owners, and that just squashed the cable, but wouldn't cut through it. Great strong lock for little money I thought, until I actually managed to prise it apart using just a screwdriver.

I need a minimum 2 metre cable lock because we always have 4, and often 5 bikes to lock up at night, or when out and about, so I will watch this thread with interest.

Contact is on the money. Do what the motor bikers do. I have lost three bikes over the years costing perhaps 6k in total.
Currently I have 5 bikes - 3 are expensive. In the garage I have a bucket of concrete with a home made stellite coated one of these fixed to the top by 14 mm rawl bolt heads are bashed to f$%k so they can't be undone.
Ground%20Anchor%204.jpg
Wiggle | Oxford Anchor 14 Ground Anchor | Anchor Locks

Then I have this through the frames.
Series%20V%20and%20SS80%20lock-228x228.jpg
Almax Immobiliser Series V EXTREME 22mm + Squire SS80CS Lock

In the past when out and about I have passed this chain round the track rod ends or swing arms and to bikes a d lock makes this easier. If was out in the vehicle leaving the bikes behind at the campsite I have use this around something very solid or I have taken the bucket of concrete!

Now I am in the camper club I think the weak point for campers is the ally bike racks you can get the best chain in the world fixing to them is not wise. I'd be looking to use a similar chain as above and go through the tow bar if possible.
My bikes will soon be mounted in the van for travelling on a board on the back of the cail seat with axle brackets that the QR will fix to with the chain through the frames and perhaps the steel work of the seat.
saris-track-rack-fork-mount-black-EV189502-8500-40.jpg

Back