Big brakes and wheel size

Campagman

VIP Member
I've just bought a converted t6, it's a SWB T32 spec, 150 hp. I came with 20" rims (Land Rover) and 40 profile tyres which provide a very harsh ride and I guess are heavier on fuel usage.

I thought I'd got a nice set of standard wheels to fit but found that the 16" rim doesn't fit over the front calliper :confused::confused::confused:

Am I correct in thinking I need 17" rims? The Devonport model with the starfish centre?

Done some searching but its doesnt seem cut and dried, as some 32's have bigger brakes, some have smaller. My fronts need approx 15" i/d in the wheel - soi I guess are the bigger brakes

This is the current front wheel and disc set up

Appreciate any help
Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 12.28.15.png

BBB6C132-FD5F-46A2-A9B7-917AFD8432AE.jpeg

@Campagman I've just bought a T32 too. As far as I know, standard wheels have to be 17 inch to clear the brake discs. I've changed the standard 17 inch Davenport alloys for some 19 inch ones so will be selling the originals. They have Continental van tyres which look almost new. I'm only in Bolton if you are interested?

@Campagman I've just bought a T32 too. As far as I know, standard wheels have to be 17 inch to clear the brake discs. I've changed the standard 17 inch Davenport alloys for some 19 inch ones so will be selling the originals. They have Continental van tyres which look almost new. I'm only in Bolton if you are interested?
thanks for the offer, I bought some off here the other day, they fit fine. I should have checked the spare in the first instance.
I now have the 20" Land Rover set to sell

Back