Bi-LED Projector retrofit to OEM H4 headlamps

Kwp0906

T6 Pro
I'm looking at upgrading from the terrible H4 headlights and came across a company that fits Bi LED projectors in place of the low beam (HEADLIGHTRETROFITS LTD)

Anyone done it and can recommend, or give comparison to the other well trodden methods of OEM H7's or THQ drl headlight units.

I'm looking at upgrading from the terrible H4 headlights and came across a company that fits Bi LED projectors in place of the low beam (HEADLIGHTRETROFITS LTD)

Anyone done it and can recommend, or give comparison to the other well trodden methods of OEM H7's or THQ drl headlight units.
I think I remember seeing one or two people talking about it on here, but they're illegal so that's a no go for me, not worth the risk.

Guess that rules out either the projectors or replacement LED bulbs then.

Back to reading the endless H7 vs THQ DRL debate posts.:(

I don’t see how it would be illegal if it is done properly
Fitting a HID lamp in a reflector headlight is clearly wrong and would fail an mot but fitting the correct projector with the HID lamp .... ?

I don’t see how it would be illegal if it is done properly
Fitting a HID lamp in a reflector headlight is clearly wrong and would fail an mot but fitting the correct projector with the HID lamp .... ?
Maybe but I think the question was about putting them in standard H4 light? I've spoken to 2 MOT testers who both said that their interpretations of the rules were that aftermarket HID = fail.

Putting bulbs in them yes but doing a proper conversion means installing a projector to go with new lamp to control light distribution

Think it one of those subjective things that will get different opinions from different people/testers

Putting bulbs in them yes but doing a proper conversion means installing a projector to go with new lamp to control light distribution

Think it one of those subjective things that will get different opinions from different people/testers
True, would be interesting to hear if anyone has got a T6 through an MOT with aftermarket HIDs, I'd like to have them if I can get it through my first MOT, which is coming up soon

The company I referenced appears to install a projector in place of the original dipped beam not just bulbs.

Recently had mine mot`d and no problem (I do have a friendly mot guy though) But mine are professionally made and I think so long as you have them alighned propperly you should not have an issue.

Recently had mine mot`d and no problem (I do have a friendly mot guy though) But mine are professionally made and I think so long as you have them alighned propperly you should not have an issue.

Could I ask which ones you have, or where you got them made and are they a significant improvement on the standard lights?

Trups @ EM Tuning seems like a pretty decent guy, I had a set lined up with him for HID before I got swayed into full factory LED retrofit

Looking at their website a pair of Bi Xenon: Morimoto D2S projectors are around £160. I'll try and get in touch this week to see if they offer fitting, if not any advice on removing the headlight cover to fit?

He will make you a head light to whatever you require, I went way over the top but others on here have had a more simple setup. I spoke to Trups erlier in the week as he is about to repair a faulty part of mine, he has recently had a second child so is not taking on too much at the moment but a small job like installing a a set of d2s`s he may well do. I have a set of these in mine and they are excellent.

He will make you a head light to whatever you require, I went way over the top but others on here have had a more simple setup. I spoke to Trups erlier in the week as he is about to repair a faulty part of mine, he has recently had a second child so is not taking on too much at the moment but a small job like installing a a set of d2s`s he may well do. I have a set of these in mine and they are excellent.

Do you have any pictures or a thread link if already covered?

I am staying in Newbury tomorrow night, I will be on the camp.site from 8pm ish onwards you are more than welcome to come and see/judge them for yourself. Might be worth an hour each way for peace of mind before you commit to anything.

I'd be interested to see the view from inside the van when they're on if anyone has one. Not really bothered what they look like from the outside just want to be able to see where I'm going.

Back