Beware of drug-induced ramblings!

Well, I’ve managed to land myself in hospital again!!! I was transplanting a shrub at home on Saturday and took a funny turn. Having had a heart attack 8 years ago, I knew exactly what was happening and called an ambulance. I had another attack later that evening in hospital!!!

So, now I’m waiting a bed on the Cardio ward so they can work on me - I’m still on the “don’t let him die” ward!

This isn’t a tale of woe but recalling the ramblings I came out with the last time I was hospitalised….!!!

I talk sh1te at the best of times but when it’s fuelled with morphine, watch out!!!
oh jesus!!!
take it easy fella and i look forward to the 'ramblings' :p

• Love
Reactions: JOG
oh jesus!!!
take it easy fella and i look forward to the 'ramblings' :p
Unfortunately turbo-charged blood thinners don’t space you out! I’m stuck on the “don’t let ‘em die” ward waiting for a bed on the Cardio ward. There is quite a backlog.

Consultant has been and assured me that I am a priority given history etc. Yes, even I see the irony of being a priority on a cardio consultant’s list!!!

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the shrub? I only ask as I have a large Hebe that needs moving & I’m not sure where to put it. Any tips?
It was a Red Robin. Hebes are very robust, you could put it anywhere

Reactions: CAB
Take it easy @JOG Get yourself well :)

• Love
@JOG here’s some bedtime reading. Take a lesson from Monty Don and do it slowly.

• Haha
@JOG - whilst in hospital, stay glued to the keyboard & keep posting on the T6F!
Your numerous posts have made me chuckle more than once, your sense of humour is to be admired...

Here's to a speedy recovery with a positive pint half full attitude:

1664881383306.png

This should appeal to your wry sense of humour. I notice there are no other “similar threads” at the bottom of this one except the very long but very funny Ebay ad that @Skyliner33 posted back in April. Don't know how this forums algorithm works but it seems to know how to put a smile on your face in a time of crisis. Best wishes mate. Keep your pecker up.

• Love
Morphine is ace. When I broke my leg, I was sent home with a bottle of the stuff. One night I couldn't get to sleep, so took a big swig. Jeeze, I had a good nights sleep, but was off my tits for most of the next day.
Yep I did that once! I had a trapped nerve so they put me on the bad boy drugs (morphine and diazepam.)

So, that evening I had a bottle of Proper Job and took my medication! SWMBO flipped her lid as it said “Don’t drink” on the meds. “Yeah,” I replied, “that just means you’ll be off your tits and don’t drive!”

Anyway, the next day SWMBO told me that I practically licked each step as I climbed the stairs, I threw myself on the spare room bed and conked out!

However, my nerve wasn’t trapped any more!!!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back