Best value for money modification for your Transporter?

CornishT6

Hi guys,

Had a search and couldn't see a thread for this, so thought I would create one.

What do you guys think are the best value for money modifications out there for the VW Transporter? No right or wrong answers, as I'm new to my van journey I just think it would be good to get peoples experiences shared.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Got to be suspension or wheels, they have the biggest impact visually and drive ability

I've done a few of the basic mods to mine now and each one has made a nice difference but the best one I'd say is the suspension, it's turned a not so pleasant ride into a lovely handling and comfortable van.

Compared to the price of the van itself it's peanuts really

Few from me:

Devonport upgrade from claytons, makes a big difference for the look and new devonports with tyres are often cheaper than the tyres themselves!

3D innovations cup holder for non comfort dash. at £35 it sounds expensive but it is really good. Would not rather that over comfort dash......there I said it.

Dash and door rubbers as others have said

VFM has to be Dash rubber and door seals.

Also the 3D printed cubby hole tray.
I don't suppose you could tell me what this dash rubber is please, and what it does? I have done the 'sound like a Golf' door seals.
I've done a few of the basic mods to mine now and each one has made a nice difference but the best one I'd say is the suspension, it's turned a not so pleasant ride into a lovely handling and comfortable van.

Compared to the price of the van itself it's peanuts really
Would you mind telling me what setup you have? Mine has 20inch wheels, but the ride is shocking, worse than some performance cars I have had in the past.

Sound deadening…..lining ( before this put your rear sound System in + new wiring ) then as said extra door seals. …your spend a lot of time in your van…Enjoy it…then suspension.. wheels ..big painted brakes ….and to add a touch of personality may be a tasteful decal……:)

ps..think ahead….if going for off grid solutions…put in the wiring when doing the sound deadening/proofing

I don't suppose you could tell me what this dash rubber is please, and what it does? I have done the 'sound like a Golf' door seals.

Would you mind telling me what setup you have? Mine has 20inch wheels, but the ride is shocking, worse than some performance cars I have had in the past.

Also available on ebay. Stops stuff (car park tickets, change etc.) falling down behind the dash :thumbsup:

After a little while of trying to figure out which is best quality for money I went for the STX set, made by KW.

Had it installed by @BognorMotors last month and am really impressed with it :thumbsup:
+1 for st X coilovers.
I added the h&r ARB 6months after the coilovers and the van now handles more like a car than a van.
The ARB put the biggest smile on my face but the coilovers are a key contributor.

Back