Best thickness for ply board panels & Suede / Vinyl / Leatherette trim

I’m thinking of using my card panels as templates to re panel my van. Is it better to buy the pre cut ply panels, are they a good fit or should I continue to cut my own?
Also what would be the best thickness and fitting method, as I don’t want holes all over the place.

I'm still unsure of the finish I’d like, only thing I know is I’d rather avoid carpet. Thinking possibly suede, vinyl or leatherette.... Does anyone have any experience in these finishes, also any tips on what to avoid.

If you have any pictures of the interior panels, contrasting colours or finishes it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There's a place near me called Cladding Monkey, they sell 8x4 or 10x4 sheets of various thickness plastic sheets that could be good in place if ply or hardboard, waterproof and non absorbent, some have a core for lightness.

Hi, thanks for that... don’t fancy anything hollow because of edging. Actually thinking now of using resin, as long as it’s flexible

If you're wrapping the carpet/fabric around the edges is will cover the thickness, they do it as low as 1.5mm thick sheets so that would be quite lightweight I think.

Back