Best Shows, Events To Attend In The North

Rapt0rUK

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi folks,

Yet another question!

Rather than go to a one stop shop for a conversion we're likely to get it done bit by bit over the course of the next year.

Really keen to see all the various bed and pop-roof options in one place to be able to compare. Rib Vs RnR, Hilo Vs Reimo etc etc.

We're based in Manchester and after some suggestions on shows, events, converters etc. we could visit to see the various options.

I've heard about Busfest in this forum which we unfortunately missed this year and also noticed just noticed we missed the Motorhome & Caravan show at the NEC this weekend!

Quick Google search and there's the Caravan & Motorhome Show, Event City, MCR in Jan but it looks to be more for traditionally caravans... Then theres the Caravan, Camping and Motorhome show in Feb at the NEC but looks quite broad, could be wrong?

Anyone been to any of these and can recommend or recommend anything else I've missed in the near future in the North?

Big thanks!

Hi folks,

Yet another question!

Rather than go to a one stop shop for a conversion we're likely to get it done bit by bit over the course of the next year.

Really keen to see all the various bed and pop-roof options in one place to be able to compare. Rib Vs RnR, Hilo Vs Reimo etc etc.

We're based in Manchester and after some suggestions on shows, events, converters etc. we could visit to see the various options.

I've heard about Busfest in this forum which we unfortunately missed this year and also noticed just noticed we missed the Motorhome & Caravan show at the NEC this weekend!

Quick Google search and there's the Caravan & Motorhome Show, Event City, MCR in Jan but it looks to be more for traditionally caravans... Then theres the Caravan, Camping and Motorhome show in Feb at the NEC but looks quite broad, could be wrong?

Anyone been to any of these and can recommend or recommend anything else I've missed in the near future in the North?

Big thanks!

The Caravan and Motorhome shows tend to be more just Caravans and Motorhomes, with a much smaller display of VW converters. These main shows cost thousands for a business to attend, so many of the converters tend to spend their money showing at the more dedicated VW events.

I cannot say i've been to a show up North, but I have been to the other main shows, Camperjam, Busfest etc, and even the smaller Campermart at Telford has several of the converters attending. Personally i'd travel to one of these, but bare in mind that most shows will have the same companies attending, so been to one show, and you've seen most of what you will see at another.
At the end of the day, you are potentially spending a huge sum of money on your conversion, so travelling to meet the guys that carry out this work can pay dividends in the future, because you might not end up having the big work done locally.

My opinion is choose your converters wisely, and be prepared to do some miles to get the right job.

Oh, and do your research on here using the 'search' box. There is plenty of information from members that have used many of the main players in the conversion industry, and some of these make for very interesting reading.

Back