Battery Chargers

snoop6060

T6 Pro
Evening,

So my electrics are pretty much done, the final thing is a battery charger. Am I right in saying the benefits of a so called 'smart' charger are that you can still use the 12v circuits from the battery whilst it's charging from the hook up? So basically it's totally hands off. I understand they are also better for lesuire batteries so won't trash it.

Any recommendations? I'm after something really compact. I know the Victron range come highly recommended by TravelVolts (where I got everything else) Are the bluetooth models worth it? Would be nice to see what state the battery is in I guess and they are about 15quid extra. The ctek models look a fair bit cheaper but I guess that might be for a reason?

Anyways, any advice would be most welcome.

Cheers
Si

Hi Si, just be aware that not all smart chargers are happy to also run in power supply mode. If it helps I have the 7 and 10 amp models with Bluetooth at standard prices at the moment. I think you will find that amp for amp CTEK are more expensive.

Ok gonna go with a victron one from you. I gather they are happy to run in power supply mode.

Also will a higher 10 amp charger charge my battery a fair bit quicker? That would be quite useful as I cannot leave it in overnight at home.

Final thing, can they be wired into some artic flex (the one supplied by you) as I already have a run of this from the consumer unit to where the charger will be so hoping it is a simple case of wiring it in there.

Back