Battery charge question

It depends what is attached to the starter battery. Ours (2016 T6) is good for at least 4 weeks, but I always fully charge the battery with a charger before we leave it. Original battery too.

A couple of weeks should be OK.

Pete

I connect the EHU for 24 hours before a trip, and monthly in the winter. Does the EHU (generally) charge the main battery as well?

I connect the EHU for 24 hours before a trip, and monthly in the winter. Does the EHU (generally) charge the main battery as well?
Not usually, unless your charger has a battery starter output.

Around this time of year my 10w dash solar is put away and I plug the van in every couple of weeks, with a Ctek mxs 5.0 plugged into the 12v dash socket overnight.

Yes, ....

If it's standing for longer than 3weeks.

If you only do short journeys.

If you have additional kit onboard that is powered from the starter.

For peace of mind this is a useful battery monitor. You'll also find it in @Dellmassive battery monitor thread above:
Auto Battery Monitor BM2 Car Battery Tester Battery Load Tester Bluetooth 4.0 12V Device Car Battery Tester Auto Cranking Charging System Test Scan Tool Digital Battery Alternator Analyzer (1pcs) https://amzn.eu/d/6OSjTWo

Reactions: CAB
At the time that we had two campers, a T6 and a T5 the T5 sat on the roadside for five weeks whilst we were away in Europe with the other and started without any problem when we returned. This happened more than once so wasn't just a fluke. At that time the T5 was not in daily use when we were at home although did about town trips approximately every ten days so wasn't permanently re-charged.

So I would say if the engine battery is in good nick and there are no current consumers working when parked beyond the normal van electronics you should have no problems.

i have a ctek mx5 charger in the garage and thought it would take no hurt using it but the vehicle is new and has less than 1000miles on the clock but it does stand for a two weeks or so before I use it sometimes I didn’t want to connect it up and damage anything ie blow a fuse

i have a ctek mx5 charger in the garage and thought it would take no hurt using it but the vehicle is new and has less than 1000miles on the clock but it does stand for a two weeks or so before I use it sometimes I didn’t want to connect it up and damage anything ie blow a fuse
Just bung it on, not a huge current so takes a while to charge.

DSC_5611.JPG

Put mine on tonight.

No, but don't clip to the battery NEG post.you need to use a a bit of body work NEG (due to the power monitor)

Eg..

Back