Barn Doors not reattaching

Jonny

204PS/Highline/Kombi/LWB/T32
T6 Guru
My work colleague has a barn door Highline and when I used his van I took the doors off that limited hinge thing to widen the opening...I can't get them back on. Are they supposed to reattach when you fully close the doors? They won't in this case. I've even tried pulling out the stem things from the rear pillars to reattach them to the doors. No dice.

Sorry for the lack of technical terminology...

Did you get this sorted? I can pop out and have a look at mine if you still need advice.

I've had a quick look and got some photos for you.
To open the doors past the 90degree position you need to push the black clip that's says push, this pushes a hook type thing away from the restraining arm and allow you to push the door further. I'm sure you know that already I'm just clarifying so we are both singing of the same sheet.
IMG_0200.JPG
When open past 90degree you get to this.

IMG_0201.JPG
As you shut the door these line back to this position. Simply pushing the door further will push the bit circled in green back and allow the Clip to reconnect. If this bit isn't moving back you could try pushing the solid plastic push but to move it manually.

Does that help?

I've had a quick look and got some photos for you.
To open the doors past the 90degree position you need to push the black clip that's says push, this pushes a hook type thing away from the restraining arm and allow you to push the door further. I'm sure you know that already I'm just clarifying so we are both singing of the same sheet.
View attachment 12446
When open past 90degree you get to this.

View attachment 12448
As you shut the door these line back to this position. Simply pushing the door further will push the bit circled in green back and allow the Clip to reconnect. If this bit isn't moving back you could try pushing the solid plastic push but to move it manually.

Does that help?
Yeah, this is what I was doing anyway. It won't reconnect at all. As soon as I close the doors the stem that reconnects the doors just gets pushed in without it locking in. I can't even force them in. Something's gone wrong I think.

Are you able to push the plastic cover in that moves the clip circled in green? Its rather tough, if you can't then maybe that part is broken.

Yup they both push in and it even looks like the two components lock but it just won't. It's like there's another 2mm to go until it will lock but even with some serious force it won't have it. Both doors are doing this too which is making me think I am seriously missing something here.

Hmmmm the fact that both are doing it is a bit weird. Maybe stick a few photos up and we can play spot the difference.

I'll try and get some tomorrow morning. Thank you for your help so far though, really appreciate it.

No worries. It's nice to return something after all the help I've already received from this forum. Looking forward to the photos and playing spot the difference.

I had the same problem, but with only one door. In the end I unscrewed to whole bracket, clipped it in then screwed it back on.

clean and oil the spring section . . . . its probably all gummed up stopping the spring from retracting.

I've bought a T6 this week which has this problem on the left door and have tired numerous times of bending myself in strange positions to get the two to couple up again. Didn't think to take it off and couple then reattach. Shall be doing that tomorrow, thanks for the assistance all!

I had the same problem, but with only one door. In the end I unscrewed to whole bracket, clipped it in then screwed it back on.
I've just tried to do this as have the same problem, but i dont have the right sized tourque bit, dont suppose you can you remmeber what size it is?

I fixed mine by gripping the arm with a set of pliers and using the door closing to force it back together.

it’s a really tight fit and I could t work out any other way of doing it. Took ages!

I fixed mine by gripping the arm with a set of pliers and using the door closing to force it back together.

it’s a really tight fit and I could t work out any other way of doing it. Took ages!
After spending about an hour trying to fix mine, I discovered your post and fixed it with pliers. Thank you!

I needed to wedge the pliers against the bracket to stop the arm from retracting, then I could jiggle the “PRESS” clip until it reattached.

63CCA3C4-C192-4FA5-98EA-F7814AFB3CB7.jpeg

I’ll never be opening this door 180° again. :thumbsup:

Sorry for replying on an old post, does anyone know if you can buy the plastic covers that say press on them as in the picture above? As one of mine has broken off and can only seem to find the whole catch

Back