Barn door unlocking problem

Mattsuze

Hi,
I’ve got a 2020 T6.1 with barn doors.
Couple of weeks ago I accidentally closed the left hand barn door before the right (wrong order) and ever since then, the external (and internal) levers to open the barn door don’t work - I have to put the key in the lock and manually unlock and open the door.
You can hear the mechanism working when using the levers but it just doesn’t unlock.
I can’t believe there isn’t a simple fix as I imagine there are other people as daft as me out there who have done the same (aren’t there?), but I can’t find a solution.
Can anyone help?

I had a similar problem. The right-hand door just wouldn’t open. I took the trim card Off the inside of the door to expose the lock and found out that the cables had unhooked from the rotating lock mechanism.
it was a matter of hooking them back on and trying to secure them so they didn’t pop out again.

I had a similar problem. The right-hand door just wouldn’t open. I took the trim card Off the inside of the door to expose the lock and found out that the cables had unhooked from the rotating lock mechanism.
it was a matter of hooking them back on and trying to secure them so they didn’t pop out again.
Thanks for your reply, I’ll have a look inside the trim and see if that is the problem and report back. Just seems odd that it should happen at the same time as I closed the wrong door first, could be a coincidence or there’s some kind of reset on the locks needed but I’ve tried pressing all the key fob buttons for different lengths of time with doors open, doors closed, handles depressed etc and nothing worked.

Well, I’ve managed to fix it without breaking more than I repaired!
Basically the plastic rotating part that the’plunger’ is meant to push around has slipped outward, only by 6-8mm but it meant the plunger was missing it.
Seems like a design fault unless we have something missing in the door (our van has been converted to a camper so May have been missing something after that)
I added a bit of garden string just passed around the back of the mounting and over the rotating bit just to help stop it slipping out again (which looks inevitable).
Think it was a coincidence that it slipped off when shutting the wrong door although maybe closing the door against the already closed door adds that little bit of cushioning that otherwise would have knocked the part off alignment.
Thanks for your help - glad I tried taking the panel off to have a a look.

E9A1756D-8224-4CBD-BABB-4E48069D6802.jpeg

2A7066E4-3228-4A16-98C2-13574EC16214.jpeg

Back