Barn Door hinge noise

charlieuk71

Hope someone can help. I have a 21 plate T6.1 and when I open the barn doors on the back they make a crack when they get so far. Not sure what is causing it and don't want to start putting lubricants or grease in there until I have an idea if that is what it is.

Thanks

Barry

I’d say that they don’t align, maybe try loosening one slightly and opening the door to see if the other hinge re-aligns it.

Hope someone can help. I have a 21 plate T6.1 and when I open the barn doors on the back they make a crack when they get so far. Not sure what is causing it and don't want to start putting lubricants or grease in there until I have an idea if that is what it is.

Thanks

Barry
It isn’t related to the door opening restrctor is it? Have you released the restrictor and opened the door all the way (careful in this wind) and then lubed it?

It isn’t related to the door opening restrctor is it? Have you released the restrictor and opened the door all the way (careful in this wind) and then lubed it?
Tried that as well, pain in the ass getting the restrictor back in place. In the end, have learned to live with it.

Back