Bang When Putting Down Drivers Window

Fluff34567

Swiss member
T6 Guru
Hi,

I occasionally get a bang when putting the drivers side window down. It did it this afternoon but not for rest of the day and might not do It for a few days.

Any ideas to the cause?

I had a noise after sound deadening the front door skins through the door speaker holes. I used self tapping screws to remount the speakers, one of which was just touching the window mechanism.
Fixed with a slightly shorter screw.

Mine does it. Just got the van and I'm going to deaden the doors so I might investigate. Sounds almost like the window is loose in the channel.

After a few months of silence the bang has randomly returned either up or down.

Found some similar postings on websites suggesting something about a cable and rollers.

No one else has this problem?

I get it now and again. It’s the cable slipping on the rollers. Vw did sort it once, for about a month then it returned.

I had a similar problem with my passenger side window.... turned out to be the regulator that was replaced under warranty. Have you noticed.... does the window you’re having problems with ‘drop’ below the trim?

Mine did it, and it was the regulator, but it started doing it again quite quickly afterwards. After watching a couple of vw's grease monkey's wrestling with the door from the viewing area first time, i decided that i would put up with it , rather than risk a damaged door .

Apparently some rivets have to be drilled out at some point remove the regulator from the door.

Back