Banded Steel Locking Wheel Bolts

Rupie

T6 Pro
Can anyone please recommend some or tell me what specs will fit?

Most locking bolts I've seen say they work with OE alloys / aftermarket alloys and have a big red disclaimer saying they don't work with steels!

I've got OE 16" steels.

Cheers in advance!

Can anyone please recommend some or tell me what specs will fit?

Most locking bolts I've seen say they work with OE alloys / aftermarket alloys and have a big red disclaimer saying they don't work with steels!

I've got OE 16" steels.

Cheers in advance!

I've been using the factory bolts and locking bolts ever since i've been on banded steels, no problems in 70k, so no idea why they say you cannot use them on steels.

I think one issue you’ll find is that with most alloys the bolts are in a recess whereas on the steels the bolts are proud, making it easier for miscreants to get mole grips on.

That said anything you do will slow them down and be a deterrent!

Hmm, thanks guys! I don't have the OE ones unfortunately so trying to buy some after market ones that fit.

The ones I've been looking at state they fit OE alloys but in beg red writing 'NOT STEELS'

I've emailed the company selling them to ask why!

My advice, take your locking bolts and throw them in the bin. They always fail when you need to get to hem off in a dire emergency.
Have recently spent about five hours drilling one off (and caused slight damage to the alloy) to get one off. Not the first time I’ve had to do this since owning vehicles either.
Don’t see all that many vehicles up on bricks, the swines are more likely to break into your house to take your keys so they can drive off with the whole van.

My advice, take your locking bolts and throw them in the bin. They always fail when you need to get to hem off in a dire emergency.
Have recently spent about five hours drilling one off (and caused slight damage to the alloy) to get one off. Not the first time I’ve had to do this since owning vehicles either.
Don’t see all that many vehicles up on bricks, the swines are more likely to break into your house to take your keys so they can drive off with the whole van.
100% agree.
Just had to have 1 of mine ground, heated and eventually drilled out.
Cant remember a van on bricks since 1981

This is the advice on another forum I frequent where a replacement set of wheels and tyres is >£2k

Hmm, thanks guys! I don't have the OE ones unfortunately so trying to buy some after market ones that fit.

The ones I've been looking at state they fit OE alloys but in beg red writing 'NOT STEELS'

I've emailed the company selling them to ask why!

hi @Rupie did you get an answer from the company about the bolts mate?

Back