Balancing out springs

Simon Carne

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi

I have a T28 with a full conversion and it suffers with a saggy back end and vague steering.

I was considering getting some T32 rear springs fitted but saw these from Transporter HQ

I was interested on anyone's opinion or experiences before purchase.

I am happy with the standard ride height and have no interest in lowering.

Many Thanks

Si

The T32 springs will probably sort this out , there are tons around going for no money in reality .. The springs above also could sort it but 300 quid ,
Have you measured the rake to see how far out the van is ??

Hi,

There is around a 4cm difference front to back measured from wheel centre to arch.

The van has covered around 26k with around 3k since conversion.

Si

Hi , this is way to much the gaps you are measuring should be the same , this Rake angle is imperative to ensure correct handling and steering feel ( have you noticed the steering feels light ?? ) .. I would bang a set of T 32 springs in the rear and re measure . I can send you a set of T 32 rears if you pick up the courier cost ? ( FOC )

Hi,

Yes the steering does feel light and quite vague!

That is a really kind offer re the springs! I would be happy to cover postage costs plus beer if you are happy to send some down.

Absolutely no rush as fitting will have to wait until lockdown ends.

Many Thanks

Si

Lol, unfortunately I am down in South Wales, are you in the West Mids? How about if once the lockdown Ends I pop up? My Mrs is from Stourbridge so always looking for an excuse to visit her old stomping ground!

Would obviously pay you appropriately

Si

Ok Si , probably the worst deal I have ever done on this forum, but happy to help , ill get it packaged up on Monday and you can let me have an address .

Assume you are far from me ?? it would be so easy to sort this at mine ??

I am just researching the same issue - I have a converted T6 LWB on a 17 plate. Do you have multiple sets of T32 rear springs - I'd be happy to but as £340 seems a little outrageous to me...

Thanks

Reactions: DXX
I am just researching the same issue - I have a converted T6 LWB on a 17 plate. Do you have multiple sets of T32 rear springs - I'd be happy to but as £340 seems a little outrageous to me...

Thanks
Or if you can tell me the part number for the T32 springs as I am going slightly crazy looking at coloured pant splodges on seemingly identical springs!

There are shed loads of T32 springs about, I picked a 2x spare pairs, front and rear with delivery miles for £10. Why pay more.

@Ravi in motion
Ok, so I have trawled the Internet (OK, Ebay and this forum) to get real examples of what colours go on what rear springs. Thanks to the people who have contributed (knowingly or otherwise) . Please treat the info with care, as it may not be 100% reliable.
The focus is on T32 rear springs, but the attached table has others - all rears.
I now have 2 pairs of T32 rear springs in my shed. One pair has a single grey blob, and the other has 3 grey blobs, so they match this info, but I can clearly see that one set is made from thicker steel than the other, so not all T32 springs are equal o_O

Can I suggest that people PM me with any new info, and I will update the table and re-publish it.

Thanks,

Pete

View attachment 61514

Or if you can tell me the part number for the T32 springs as I am going slightly crazy looking at coloured pant splodges on seemingly identical springs!
Hi there we throw away dozens of them , Scrap man cleared a lot yesterday. I do think i have 4 brand new sets somewhere , let me pull them out of the hole they are in and check the markings , as before free to a good home ha ha

Hi there we throw away dozens of them , Scrap man cleared a lot yesterday. I do think i have 4 brand new sets somewhere , let me pull them out of the hole they are in and check the markings , as before free to a good home ha ha
That would be brilliant - happy to pay courier and personal refreshment tariff as you se fit...

Its better to give me a call < I can take card payment over the phone or send you a Pay pal invoice ??

Back