B14's Question

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I am looking at getting some B14's fitted as I would like to cure the rear end sag i currently have in our camper. At the moment have some H&R 40mm springs, am I correct in thinking that the B14's are a complete kit with the springs etc..all included ?
I presume my H&R's will no longer be needed or do people put these onto the B14's?

I am looking at getting some B14's fitted as I would like to cure the rear end sag i currently have in our camper. At the moment have some H&R 40mm springs, am I correct in thinking that the B14's are a complete kit with the springs etc..all included ?
I presume my H&R's will no longer be needed or do people put these onto the B14's?

Not wishing to put you off buying B14's as they are amazing (I have them) if you are just after a fix to a saggy rear end, perhaps due to a camper conversion. You could also go for T32 springs that are stiffer and designed to take heavier loads. You could pick them up (only springs required) next nothing, perhaps even free (or a few beer tokens) on here.

If that doesn't work then go for B14's or similar. :thumbsup:

Not wishing to put you off buying B14's as they are amazing (I have them) if you are just after a fix to a saggy rear end, perhaps due to a camper conversion. You could also go for T32 springs that are stiffer and designed to take heavier loads. You could pick them up (only springs required) next nothing, perhaps even free (or a few beer tokens) on here.

If that doesn't work then go for B14's or similar. :thumbsup:
Ahhh....i didnt know that. Could i keep the 40mm H&R's springs on the front and just put the stiffer T32 springs on the rear to lift it up level (hopefully ?)

It may or may not fix it to desired height, but is a trick done by conversion companies when fitting out a T28 with full camper conversion. They will change over the rear springs to T32 to even the stance. No need to change the shocks, just the beefier springs. :thumbsup:

its a T28 camper conversion
Hi Andy, either go B14'S all round and you can adjust the ride height as much as you like (£2k +) or try an upgrade on rear to a set of T32 springs at £50. Not sure where you are but you could ask on here if anyone has a set they no longer want following an upgrade to B14'S.
Simmo

Hi Andy, either go B14'S all round and you can adjust the ride height as much as you like (£2k +) or try an upgrade on rear to a set of T32 springs at £50. Not sure where you are but you could ask on here if anyone has a set they no longer want following an upgrade to B14'S.
Simmo
Hi Simmo

I thought the B14's were roughly £1200 ish supplied and fitted ? ( vanstyle or THQ )

ARBs are one off the best mods you can do, they reduce the body roll. Coilovers will reduce the crashy/Saggy rear issue with the added benefit of a better ride, plus giving you the option to adjust the ride height to your stance of choice, within reason.

As mentioned I'm sure there enough t32 springs lying about in members garages/sheds etc that are no longer required. If your changing them yourself this is a good cheaper route to see if that gives you the desired ride your after before committing to coilovers.

Past knowledge is people try springs but end up on coilovers in the long run

ARBs are one off the best mods you can do, they reduce the body roll. Coilovers will reduce the crashy/Saggy rear issue with the added benefit of a better ride, plus giving you the option to adjust the ride height to your stance of choice, within reason.

As mentioned I'm sure there enough t32 springs lying about in members garages/sheds etc that are no longer required. If your changing them yourself this is a good cheaper route to see if that gives you the desired ride your after before committing to coilovers.

Past knowledge is people try springs but end up on coilovers in the long run
Thanks for the info guys, i think i'll stick with my original plan of getting B14's fitted. I just need to save a bit more cash as I didn't know about the ARB's :thumbsup:

Back