B14's Ordered

Vkerr

Trumpton
T6 Pro
So bit the bullet and ordered B14's getting them fitted start of Dec, can't wait to get rid of that huge wheel arch gap.
Going to keep devonports on for now as they've got all season tyres on, so what's the best drop, I was thinking of leaving 10mm on the coilover which would be around 60mm drop, should look ok at that.

So bit the bullet and ordered B14's getting them fitted start of Dec, can't wait to get rid of that huge wheel arch gap.
Going to keep devonports on for now as they've got all season tyres on, so what's the best drop, I was thinking of leaving 10mm on the coilover which would be around 60mm drop, should look ok at that.

Will look exactly like this :thumbsup:

View attachment 17289

Would it be wise to replace top mounts and bearings as well as rear spring cups.

Only if they are worn or noisy
I’m getting B14 fitted in January also just got spacers for devenport off the forum. 25 front 30 rear. I have booked H&R ARB to be fitted to but am still unsure about having them as we use the van as our day to day car and I’m concerned that it will be to harsh a ride. Would love to have had the fitted by yourself but it’s juet to far to travel but your opinion would be appreciated

I’m getting B14 fitted in January also just got spacers for devenport off the forum. 25 front 30 rear. I have booked H&R ARB to be fitted to but am still unsure about having them as we use the van as our day to day car and I’m concerned that it will be to harsh a ride. Would love to have had the fitted by yourself but it’s juet to far to travel but your opinion would be appreciated

They will only be harsh if you slam them on the floor. Sit them at a normal height and they are meant to drive much nicer than factory.
Is there any members near you running B14s and ARBs? When I asked about the ride, several people near me offered to let me try their vans on the same set-up.

I was chatting to @Sjacko20 about this, and he runs his at normal height, and says it's a stunning drive.

The ARBs wont make the ride particularly harsher but they make a huge difference to the handing and reduce the roll. Don't hesitate, you will not regret having them fitted. :thumbsup:
Ithe vanis converted and I have 50mm HR springsbut it’s just to low at the back hence B14s. I’m trying to keep a sort of factory look.

image.jpg

I'm planning on leaving about 10mm on the b14s, I've also got 25 and 30mm spacers on devonports.
I am also unsure about the ARBs So I'll wait and see if I'm happy with B14s before I decide.
Vans booked in for the 3rd of Dec so I'll take a few before and after pics and let you know what I think.

I'm planning on leaving about 10mm on the b14s, I've also got 25 and 30mm spacers on devonports.
I am also unsure about the ARBs So I'll wait and see if I'm happy with B14s before I decide.
Vans booked in for the 3rd of Dec so I'll take a few before and after pics and let you know what I think.
My problem is that im going to vanstyle and it’s about 3 hrs from me and it’s free fitting so would rather get it sorted in one hit then get wheel alignment done once. Will the £480 for ARB make a big difference and worth the money. I was 100% convinced as I have asked this before but just keep looking for people’s opinions so I suppose the reality is I’m probably 80% convinced.

Will the £480 for ARB make a big difference

We used the van for 18 months just lowered 40mm without the uprated H&R ARBs but wish I had them from day one. Totally different vehicle to drive now (camper conversion). One of the best upgrades you can do in my opinion.

We used the van for 18 months just lowered 40mm without the uprated H&R ARBs but wish I had them from day one. Totally different vehicle to drive now (camper conversion). One of the best upgrades you can do in my opinion.
What was the biggest difference you found after you had them fitted.

As @Tourershine said above, I have B14 set at max height on the rear then the front lowered to level it out after camper conversion with ARBs on stiffest setting. Can’t fault it and the missus loves it compared to how wallowy and relatively uncontrolled it felt to drive before. It is not crashy or harsh at all, it does feel the bumps a little more but controls itself so much better over them that it is worth the compromise.

As @Tourershine said above, I have B14 set at max height on the rear then the front lowered to level it out after camper conversion with ARBs on stiffest setting. Can’t fault it and the missus loves it compared to how wallowy and relatively uncontrolled it felt to drive before. It is not crashy or harsh at all, it does feel the bumps a little more but controls itself so much better over them that it is worth the compromise.
That’s good feedback thanks. I didn’t realise you could adjust the ARB.

Its pretty much been said above. The combo of the Bilsteins and H&R ARB’s, IMHO is the best money you will spend on the van, with the biggest results of how it transforms the ways your van drives. Less lurch when accelerating and braking, smoothing out the small imperfections, and less body roll, more feedback, and generally a more car like feel.

As @Tourershine says, dont slam it, as this is a harder ride.

You can do it as two separate jobs, but why wait, you will be blown away when done.

Enjoy

Its pretty much been said above. The combo of the Bilsteins and H&R ARB’s, IMHO is the best money you will spend on the van, with the biggest results of how it transforms the ways your van drives. Less lurch when accelerating and braking, smoothing out the small imperfections, and less body roll, more feedback, and generally a more car like feel.

You can do it as two separate jobs, but why wait, you will be blown away when done.

Enjoy
I don’t won’t the slam look just I nice w en stance and wheels to fill the arches. In for a penny in for a pound thanks.

Enjoy
What would you set the ARBs to

Back