Awning Insurance

vw-me

T6 Pro
I've just bought a Vango Galli II and have rang my van insurance hoping that they cover awnings.

Unfortunately they don’t, so I’m thinking do I get some kind of separate policy considering the price of the awning and contents.

Had a quick google and camping and caravanning club do do a policy that’s around £70. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on this ??

I used to insure my tent with the Camping and Caravan Club primarily because it would cost me around £5000 to replace - last renewal quote was £138 but, as we now we camp in the van, I'm unlikely to use the tent any time soon so I decided to let it lapse last year. It's stored in the garage and I get some cover whilst it's in there from my contents insurance - can't remember how much (be careful though as some policies put a small total limit on stuff stored in the garage - my old insurers would only cover for £2000 total in the garage even though it's attached to the house, protected by house alarm, and directly below our bedroom).

So far I've not considered insuring the awning and, with the cost to replace well below £1000 plus a maximum of £300 for stuff we routinely leave out there (Cadac, Tables, Chairs) I wasn't going to bother. I do wonder whether my existing insurance policies (home, van, camp sites we book with, etc.) would cover 3rd party liabilities if someone, say, tripped over one of our guy lines??

Last edited:
I used to insure my tent with the Camping and Caravan Club primarily because it would cost me around £5000 to replace - last renewal quote was £138 but, as we now we camp in the van, I'm unlikely to use the tent any time soon so I decided to let it lapse last year. It's stored in the garage and I get some cover whilst it's in there - can't remember how much (be careful though as some policies put a small total limit on stuff stored in the garage - my old insurers would only cover for £2000 total in the garage even though it's attached to the house, protected by house alarm, and directly below our bedroom).

So far I've not considered insuring the awning and, with the cost to replace well below £1000 plus a maximum of £300 for stuff we routinely leave out there (Cadac, Tables, Chairs) I wasn't going to bother. I do wonder whether my existing insurance policies (home, van, camp sites we book with, etc.) would cover 3rd party liabilities if someone, say, tripped over one of our guy lines??

Thanks for this @Davenjo

I’m not bothered who falls over my ropes as long as they don’t rip my awning :rofl:

I was hoping to get a cheap quote for just the awning. Like you say cadac chairs etc aren’t bank breakers. I’m just more for the awning damage. But I guess they’re pretty robust. But for say £30 I’d get a policy if I could get one at that price.

LOL. Just looked at my camper insurance (Caravan and Camping Club Care) - it gives me up to £2000 worth of cover for my awning so I'm covered without even realising it.

Back