Awning Gallery And Poll

Which Awning do you have

• Total voters
Debus (Vango) Sun Canopy
IMG-20230701-WA0002-01.jpeg
£100 on sale
Funky Leisure
In the photo we are using the 2 solid wooden poles from our canvas tent, not the 3 supplied collapsible poles.

Like others when it arrived many items are branded Vango. Packs away into a bag pretty much identical to our folding cloth camping chairs (70cm x 15cm x 15cm) so not to bad to leave in "just in case"

Being a Caravelle we decided that there was little point connecting living space to the van, what we needed was some shelter for events and days out. Only had it up once or twice but the day in the photo was windy and it held up well.

Only advice is that the guys on ours came attached, but was not a secure knot so double check you are happy on first rig.

Had a Kyham quick “erect” motor dome on our T5, never happy with it. Both putting it up and fitting it. Used a sun canopy with extra poles most of the time.
Thinking of going down the Privacy route on our T6, never drive away.20160627_194523_Original.jpeg20151219_125607_Original.jpeg

BAWDSEY INFLATABLE AWNING
View attachment 87930
How do you get on with this awning ? We doing the nc500 in a few weeks. I’m considering one of these. Just looks easy to put up and down.

Hi all.
I'm now looking at awnings, in particular the Vango Galli III Air Low and the Outdoor Revolution Movelite T4E. Just wondering how the fabrics compare on these, as I've been told the Outdoor Rev is more resilient / better wearing, but when I've checked the specs, the Vango has better figures regarding density and hydrostatic head.

How do you get on with this awning ? We doing the nc500 in a few weeks. I’m considering one of these. Just looks easy to put up and down.
I purchased one, then returned it. Transpired that the top air beam fouled the sliding door. Transpires S+S are aware of this but during design development deemed it a suitable sacrifice to ensure the structure remained rigid. Please note, this was with a Reimo awning rail; I suspect it may have sufficient clearance if using the concealed rail in the roof gutter.

I purchased one, then returned it. Transpired that the top air beam fouled the sliding door. Transpires S+S are aware of this but during design development deemed it a suitable sacrifice to ensure the structure remained rigid. Please note, this was with a Reimo awning rail; I suspect it may have sufficient clearance if using the concealed rail in the roof gutter.
Yes I’ve purchased it and found that to be a problem. I’ve found if you don’t inflate it to the max you can slide the door past but it’s a pain to be honest.

image.jpg

F7B53932-E128-44DA-B00C-61781FB9D6C8.jpeg

Outdoor Revolution Cayman Low F/G

Bought with zip on 2 man annexe and footprint for awning (got a footprint for the annexe from Amazon)

I got it on a deal from Newquay Camping for around £500

View attachment 197890
Seller photos (haven’t taken many of mine)-View attachment 197891View attachment 197892
This is a great awning, good for a few nights away or a longer break with my daughter in the annexe.
It’s a poled awning not air which I must say I prefer as it’s so much lighter and smaller and really quick to put up.
I have a vango Rhone air awning (which is massive when packed and annoying to dry), I’ve had a olpro cocoon poled awning (which is massive when pitched, too big actually, but not great quality), a vango sky canopy with sides, which is more hassle than it’s worth and a debus canopy (which is great for a few nights).
The cayman is definitely the best combo of all the above and this plus the debus canopy really covers all bases (take that everywhere we go).
It has doors all round so can be used like a gazebo. The door in the tunnel to the van can be removed so this makes the space look even bigger.

In short really like this one, best compromise I’ve encountered so far so if anyone wants a vango Rhone let me know! (I need to recoup some of the 100s I’ve spent on this journey!!!)
I’ve used this a few times now in the rain and the poles have started to rust. Reported this to outdoor revolution and their inadequate response was this was to be expected. Having owned tents with this construction for 30+ years (some I still have) I have never experienced this before and therefore I completely disagree this should not happen but will continue to use as it has its benefits and still like it but thought I should share this update.

Last edited:
We bought this Vango Fistral XL at last week’s NEC Show. We wanted a driveaway awning with a front facing entrance that wasn’t too big but had a decent sized porch. We’d never seen this model before - it doesn’t feature in Vango’s catalogue - but it ticked all our boxes. Anyone have any feedback on this Vango awning?

IMG_1997.jpeg

Last edited:
We bought this Vango Fistral XL at last week’s NEC Show. We wanted a driveaway awning with a front facing entrance that wasn’t too big but had a decent sized porch. We’d never seen this model before - it doesn’t feature in Vango’s catalogue - but it ticked all our boxes. Anyone have any feedback on this Vango awning?

View attachment 217808

How big is it packed up, have you used it yet?

All packed up in its carry bag (awning, poles, groundsheet protector and carpet) it measures 35cm (H) x 35cm (W) x 75cm (L) and weighs 17kg. We haven't used it in anger yet as the two occasions we've been camping overnight since we had it, the weather was atrocious, and we couldn't be arsed to put it up for a single night. We've tried it out on practice run on our drive though and it seems fine.

Back