Awning advice - considering Vango Magra

Katoof

T6 Pro
Hi guys, apologies if this has been covered on another thread but couldn’t find anything on the Vango Magra.

we’d originally been torn between the Galli III and the Galli III compact but are now considering the Magra. Does anyone have a Magra that can give a review or an idea on how much room/ what you can fit in it? This’ll be our first awning as the van should be camper ready by August.

That looks pretty big so expect the bag to be on the large/heavy side. How many will be in the van when your travelling/away?

Hi guys, apologies if this has been covered on another thread but couldn’t find anything on the Vango Magra.

we’d originally been torn between the Galli III and the Galli III compact but are now considering the Magra. Does anyone have a Magra that can give a review or an idea on how much room/ what you can fit in it? This’ll be our first awning as the van should be camper ready by August.

Can’t really help I’ve got a Vango hexaway 2......but I’m looking at upgrading soon to Vango Rhône low ...like a lot of us ...if you buy one ( awning tent) make sure you’ve plenty of space ..especially know that you may need to provide your own toilet and you can section off a bigger tent .....just ask the wife..she like to spread her self about :rofl::rofl::rofl:

think very carefully before you buy an awning we made the mistake of rushing in and buying the first one we thought was suitable and now on awning number 2
personally the angled bit on the back i think its a waste of space
vango say ideal for muddy boots not if the rains coming in that way
weight and size for me are a big factor
try and go to a awning stockist that has them already erected then your get an idea of what you want/need

Can’t really help I’ve got a Vango hexaway 2......but I’m looking at upgrading soon to Vango Rhône low ...like a lot of us ...if you buy one ( awning tent) make sure you’ve plenty of space ..especially know that you may need to provide your own toilet and you can section off a bigger tent .....just ask the wife..she like to spread her self about :rofl::rofl::rofl:
The rhone looks a better bet at least the front canopy looks like it extends further out thats another consideration

The rhone looks a better bet at least the front canopy looks like it extends further out thats another consideration
Lucky..I’ve twin sliders ..so could , if pitch allows put up Vango sun canopy ( if we ever get a chance this year ) on other side:cool:

We bought a Khyam last year, which has way too few flysheet anchor points, guy ropes/tethers for the size of the structure, so it blew down. Returned immediately and they sent us another with a storm strap pack; frame stayed still but walls blow inward something terrible compared to our tent and it leaked! (Unfortunately Khyam went bust before we could return it). As such avoid second hand examples in my opinion...looking for a drive away air frame now...

Are there any other awning companies of comparable quality to Vango?

I hear good things about my friend's Outdoor Revolution tent and Outwell used to do good tents too, but no experience of their awnings! I quite like the look of some of the Kampa awnings, but no experience of them...

I looked at a pitched Magra yesterday and the sales guy rated the Galli Compact higher. The Magra slant has the widest part away from the door opening and would give better shelter and waterproofing if it were at the door side. You also get more usable awning size from a Galli for the size of the site pitch. So the Galli Compact is probably better and cheaper than the Magra. Hope this helps.

I saw one in Towsure Saturday
Bit strange and seamed un useable space

But didn’t a lot of notice
Good look-in your search

Ok so now looking at Galli it Galli compact I guess- can anyone recommend a shop not not too far from Swindon that has a selection of awnings out on display?

Carnt help pal
But travel if you need to
Vango, Kampa any thing else people reccomend have a look
If not sure revisit next week

Worth bearing in mind with Vango , that their after sales service is superb , even for repairs out of warranty .

Worth bearing in mind with Vango , that their after sales service is superb , even for repairs out of warranty .
Yeah that is one of the main reasons we have been looking at the Vango Awnings. Its just working out how much space we need/don't need. There will mostly be just the two of us which makes me sway towards the compact.

We are a vango dealer and always happy to put a price together for forum users

@BognorMotors, what awning would you recommend?

There's 2 of us, so most of the time we probably would just take a sun shade, but otherwise we want it for:
*Accommodation for 1 or 2 kids (Our nephews!) if the wind is too high for the poptop.
*Seating area for a bunch of us to all get together if it's pissing down outside.
*General storage use at other times.

Last edited:
Hello Im afraid I haven't used one of their awnings personally for a couple of years - We have Sapera and Kela on our rental fleet

If your only in Swindon you could nip along to Attwools they had teh Galli and another one or two up and available to have a poke about at.

Its a bit of a treck but the scenary on route is worth it.

@BognorMotors please can you price up a Galli 3 (NOT COMPACT). With foot print, carpet and bedroom insert. Thank You

Back