Average Fuel Consumption Display

It's a manual 204 4motion on 20's it's only done 650 miles so far so hoping it gets better. My Isuzu pickup was the same when I had it once it reached 15000 mpg was considerably better @Gadgets
204ps DSG 4motion velle averaging 36mpg on fill up, usually have 4 up plus 3 dogs, lowest new was 29mpg local driving, best on a 65-70mph run was 42mpg.
I never use cruise as it disables freewheel and costs 2-3mpg.....

Today was my first day in the van, covered 230 miles and trip average was showing as 33mpg by the time i got home, this week is a busy week and i should cover another 5-600 miles before the weeks out, so i will get to fill up again i'm sure, then i'll have some real data and not what the display thinks i might have done.
I was surprised today though, when i filled up (brimmed) the needle was to the max, and within 20 miles it had already moved down almost a bar! the caddy would do 80+ before the needle even moved a tiny bit! obviously the fuel gauges aren't the most accurate items you'll see, but every vehicle i've had has always done quite a bit before the needle starts moving.

Only got 60 litres in the van though and that's with the needle sat midway through the red, always useful to know how much you've got in reserve :)

Back