Automatic transporter suggestions for converstion, mileage, type, price?

signtoo

Hey all, new to the forums and seeing a plethora of useful information here!

I wanted to ask, those that are veterans in the campervan game, is it realistic to find the following well below £20k?

Must haves
  1. Automatic (DSG or non-DSG)
  2. Panel van (otherwise costs of converting goes up)
  3. Recent-ish (no older than 6 years)
  4. Decent service history

Nice to have
  1. Highline
  2. Tailgate over barn doors
  3. Decent mileage: 50-70k mi
  4. EURO6: although some people have said there have been minor issues with it, future proofing for trips into cities would be beneficial. Having said that, if there's a £10 tax per day to do this with say a EURO5, then the savings on a EURO5 may be worth it.

Most results I'm seeing for the above criteria is coming up at over £20k. I'm surprised to see them so expensive, but I'm not surprised that we started looking when prices were somewhat inflated :) (sod's law).

Are there specific times of the year it is cheaper to buy a van (say outside the hype season) or certain websites that may provide a van for 15-17k?
Or am I just dreaming and I need to accept it'll be around £20k for a decent T6 Auto?

Reactions: CAB
Recent-ish (no older than 6 years)

Welcome to the Forum.
If one of your "must haves" is a van no older than 6 years old, you've already ruled out Euro 5 vans.
Most used van purchases involve some compromise and I think if you want a T6 for under £20K you might have to make some.
There are many nice vans around with more miles on the clock than your preferred 50 - 70K which are good for many more miles, so I'd increase that if I were you.
Good luck with your search.

Thank you @DaveD for the reality check. It's then fair to say that I can look for more mileage to drop the price down to the £17k region. I have actually found two - one without a tailgate. That's an acceptable compromise, but I didn't want to compromise on the automatic. If they've got a good service history, I'll go with the assumption that MOT passes and good service history means a longer run van will be better than a shorter run van that has been battered without proper servicing.

I think 20k with your must haves is a little unrealistic unfortunately something will have to give. I find dsg seems to have a £1500-£2000 higher asking price.
Saying that there is some bargains to be had so best of luck

Back