Auto-on lights - adjust sensitivity?

Now then,

Not sure if you know, just because the screen dims doesnt actually mean the lights have come on. I have the media radio & these have their own light sensor, try turning your lights on manually during the day & see if the radio dims, mine doesnt.

Auto lights are still a bit too keen though :-(

Turning the lights on manually in the day won't dim the screen. As you say, it works by the light sensor. I know the headlights have come on Auto mode when the screen dims because I checked the headlight switch and the parking light icon was also lit.

The light sensor must have different settings because whilst it might not be dark enough for coming/leaving home lights to activate, the headlights will come on when the ignition is turned on. That has been the case with all the VWs with auto lights I've had for at least 10 years.

Evening folks.
My auto lights seem to have gone really sensitive. Up until about 2 weeks ago they were perfect. Now they are on and off under every tree etc at all times of the day.
Any ideas why??

I got so fed up with my headlights constantly turning themselves on and off that I’ve gone “old school” and leave them turned off.
When I do actually need headlights I only have to turn the switch one click to Auto.

I got so fed up with my headlights constantly turning themselves on and off that I’ve gone “old school” and leave them turned off.
When I do actually need headlights I only have to turn the switch one click to Auto.

The problem with doing that is that the headlight switch isn't in the vertical position. That carries almost as big a penalty as having the power button on the radio at the wrong angle.

On my T6.1 with led headlights in vehicle settings- lights- light assistance it gives the option of early medium or late switch on time. I assumed this was for the auto lights switch on. After saying that I've set it to late and they still come on pretty quick. Alan

Can you change the sensitivity of the automatic switching on of the high beams?
because in summer if we pass under trees the headlights come on
thank you

Well, you can, but possibly only from bad to worse.

Back