Auto headlights

GordyT6

Refrigeration Install Engineer
T6 Pro
Hi peeps. Does anyone know if auto headlights can be retrofitted? My Audi A4 could have them coded on if you bought the headlight switch with the auto function on it.

I think they quite possibly could be, the light switch can be purchased individually as can the light sensor to trigger them but not sure about fitting as the standard sensor lives in the rear view mirror so that may need to be changed but could go in loose for testing
From memory the replacement light switch and sensor are under a hundred pounds but as with everything this new if we cant find anyone else thats done it then its always a bit of a gamble, i took a chance on my rear view camera and retro fitting rear LED lights but they both ended up going in fine and fully working
Where abouts in the world are you ?

I'm very interested in the new LED front lights too but again I've not heard of anyone retro fitting yet. I'm in Hull East Yorkshire aka centre of the universe. Lol. You got a pic of your LED rears? Did they just plug in original wiring. I'd like the reversing camera too but not got the discovery head unit so probably just get a camera and screen off flea bay

Pictures of LED rears are here
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/vw-black-sportline-alloys-now-available.501/#post-6325
They are relatively easy to fit but the plug into the lights has to be changed (pins stay just plastic swap) and a small bit of wiring is required (need to remove rear internal panels) as old lights only have one fog and one reverse light but LEDs have both on each side, i am considering doing a kit with all required parts and two pieces of cable pre crimped with VW plugs and full instructions if anyone is interested let me know, price will be around £450-500 for complete kit.
I REALLY want to have a go at front LEDs but unfortunately we have now sold our car so the van is day to day vehicle for wife getting kids to school etc so cant take off the road to really get into it and i get the feeling its going to be one of those jobs where you make a start and then realise the parts you need and have to order more bits
There is a company who does retro fit the fronts and quoted £3800 for the job !!
Im thinking of sneaking it in over christmas holiday if the weather isnt too crap

@Pauly, are you serious ? Make the kids walk..... We're talking LED fronts here ......
Do we know how much just the headlights are from VW ?

So let me understand @Pauly - you have family and Cristmas that doesn't involve being here there and everywhere? How does that work?

Lol. It's a bit steep nearly £4k for the front end. But I reckon you might get a fair few takers for the rear light kit.

Do we know how much just the headlights are from VW ?
2 LED headlights @ 600 each + 4 x LED power control boxey unit things at £100 each = £1600 without any wiring or other bits but thats from main dealer with 10% discount so should be able to get a bit more off that hopefully ??

After having had full front LEDs on my Polo GTi, I am now really loving my retro ones! I think it's just awesome as it is my van, I know, I know I keep saying it too lol!

Back