Where abouts are you? Andy at Marshbrook near Church Stretton garage is pretty hot on that sort of thing.

Hi there, can anyone recommend a solar panel installer for my T6? And a good price? Around the Midlands would help if possible

I had mine done by Moores Campers in Charfield (Gloucestershire). They're not quite the midlands but not a million miles away either and they have a good reputation locally. That said, somebody will probably come along with another recommendation a bit more local to you soon.

I had mine done by Moores Campers in Charfield (Gloucestershire). They're not quite the midlands but not a million miles away either and they have a good reputation locally. That said, somebody will probably come along with another recommendation a bit more local to you soon.
If you don’t mind roughly how much did this cost and was it one or two panels

Is it just the panel, or do you need the controller installing too ?

Pete

Hi, can someone please recommend an Auto Electrician in Tamworth, I have nearly every light flashing on dash display as coffee was spilt from the cupholder above steering wheel.TIA

Hi Mjg30aus, did you get anywhere with your enquiry with travelvolts. Was going to start to look at doing this myself but after reading the recent adventures of Ayjay, who lost is panel through france feel that a professional installation might be better. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

@Hicksy. Ironically, mine was done by a pro - as I think I mentioned before, they have a very good reputation in the local VW community so at the moment, I'm inclined to put it down to me getting unlucky. I'll be seeing them next week and their attitude (which has been very good thus far) will dictate how I view things from there.

@Hicksy. Ironically, mine was done by a pro - as I think I mentioned before, they have a very good reputation in the local VW community so at the moment, I'm inclined to put it down to me getting unlucky. I'll be seeing them next week and their attitude (which has been very good thus far) will dictate how I view things from there.
Morning thanks keep us updated please.

The issue with @Ayjay’s panel was the double sided tape, never going to work. The flaw is that, no matter how strong the adhesive on the tape, the fabric of the tape will sheer under force, leaving half on each surface. Even VHB tape, which is reckoned to be amongst the best has the same problem.

Back