Austops

Kwp0906

T6 Pro
Anyone got experience with this company or their product? A search on the forum brings up surprisingly little information.

A friend has an Austops roof, zero issues with it at all, fitted at Revampavan in Christchurch.

It's about 3 years old now and used all through the summer.

That's good to hear, I'll probably get it fitted by austops themselves in selby as it's not too far from me

I’ve an Austops on mine, fitted by a local to me campervan installer. I’ve had no problems with it, easy to put up and down. My teenage girls sleep in the top without complaints. :D
Van.jpg

Loving my Austop roof. Really good quality and easy to put up/down. I'd have no trouble recommending one to others.

Had mine fitted by 8Ball campers in Hull.

We had an Austops roof fitted on our T4, would of happily had one on our T6 if the converters would have offered it.

Ours was fitted by James @ Custom Campers in Halifax, Highly recommended.

Custom Campers Halifax Uk

I’ve got an Austops roof fitted by the converter. Seems good. Canvas is waterproof. Doesn’t rattle too much and looks pretty discreet when down.

1F87B997-5AFC-4A75-A495-EA52FD3806D6.jpeg

I've also got an austop roof with a bed fitted by colebrook transporters in Plymouth, had one on my previous T4 as well, I highly recommend the roof, a great roof no problems whatsoever, my only gripe would be not having a sliding hatch on the cab roof to cover the canvas in the cab whilst the roof is lowered, something that comes as standard on some other poptops as it looks unfinished with the canvas exposed.

My lad Roo recently had an Austops fitted at the factory which is just around the corner from us.
I'd intended to do a review but other stuff got in the way... anyway, Austops did a brilliant job,
its a self-conversion and they even moved his ceiling lights and finished off around his existing
furniture really neatly. The canvas is heavier duty than on the SCA fitted by Hillside and will
probably wear better, its slightly reminiscent of the oilcloth we used as schoolkids to protect
the tables in art lessons. The struts & everything is balanced nicely, the roof bed is pretty much
the same as the SCA, the fastenings are by straps pulled through buckles with sprung jaws, so
its best to squeeze the buckles open whilst pulling everything through, then release them for the last nip.
It has a simple elastic thingy that ensures the sides fold in properly as the roof is lowered.
The finish is great, though it stunk of fibreglass for a good few days. The quality and workmanship
are superb and the fitted price was way below anything else we'd researched. Highly recommended.
Cheers
Phil

IMG_20190403_004342_759.JPG

IMG_20190403_004615_462.JPG

IMG-20181021-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20181021-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20181021-WA0005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest has anyone managed to fashion a sliding hatch to an austop roof as referred to by Skinnysye above?

If you " Google interslider / camper wizard" you'll find a company advertising on Facebook of what I believe you are looking for, apparently they are compatible with austop roofs.

I'm another austops recommender . It's my first ever poptop so can't comment on if it's better than other roofs but it's very stealth looking and a love that . Also the canvas seems to be made very well and deals with Scottish weather without an issue .I treat it like a tent so if it's been raining then Al wait for a gd day to pop it back up just to air it out :thumbsup:

IMG_20181123_110613.jpg

IMG_20181123_124753.jpg

The one niggly bit for me is the fact that you can't open the canvas entirely at the front. The window is quite OK but sometimes I'd prefer to be able to open the whole front up as it would make for a better 'observation platform' when sitting up there.

It's not a huge niggle, I'd still buy another one.

The one niggly bit for me is the fact that you can't open the canvas entirely at the front. The window is quite OK but sometimes I'd prefer to be able to open the whole front up as it would make for a better 'observation platform' when sitting up there.

It's not a huge niggle, I'd still buy another one.
Am sure they have now got a canvas that does that . Obviously it's a little extra money but they do have one for the roof .Al check the website just now

Am sure they have now got a canvas that does that . Obviously it's a little extra money but they do have one for the roof .Al check the website just now

Doh! Wish I'd have known that when I got mine installed!

Doh! Wish I'd have known that when I got mine installed!
Worst part is I knew they did one but said to my self would I ever use it lol, also had a feeling the kids in my family would decide to use my windscreen as a slide when am not looking :laugh: . I wouldn't change my roof but if I was to ever get another van in the future then as defo go for the scenic canvas :thumbsup:

I'm another austops recommender . It's my first ever poptop so can't comment on if it's better than other roofs but it's very stealth looking and a love that . Also the canvas seems to be made very well and deals with Scottish weather without an issue .I treat it like a tent so if it's been raining then Al wait for a gd day to pop it back up just to air it out :thumbsup:

View attachment 40406

View attachment 40407

Is that on a shuttle too? What did they do with aircon kit etc if so?

Back