Austops

Is that on a shuttle too? What did they do with aircon kit etc if so?
They kept the air con kit . Only have one vent now and it sits behind the ribb bed . Control panel is still there also but sits the roof side panel

From all of those that have recommended the austop roof, does anyone have pics of it with a rear spoiler? (Tailgate)
I cant decide whether to fit one or not, and if so which to go for.

From all of those that have recommended the austop roof, does anyone have pics of it with a rear spoiler? (Tailgate)
I cant decide whether to fit one or not, and if so which to go for.
Unfortunately a don't have a spoiler but there does look like alot of space for one as roof doesn't go all the way to the rear ,if that makes sense lol

I spent hours trying to make a sliding hatch cover then gave up and went low tech. I shortened the bed by a few inches and then carpeted a piece of ply shaped to the front area. I then put longer screws in the front trim with stand offs , the panel sits on top of the bed and is pulled forward when the roof is down resting on the standoffs at the front..works a treat and looks good... if the vans not sold I’ll post pics next time I see it.

I highly recommend Austops. I have had two so far and nothing wrong with either one. The fitter is the most important aspect.

As stated here previously, James at Custom Campers in Halifax is great, works alone so his attention to detail is exemplary. He fitted an Austops and a OEM sliding to my van and both are perfect.

@Alby42 thanks for uploading your photos, it hides the canvas nicely, does it make any difference to cab noise from the roof area?

Another one for Austops roof, I have the scenic canvas abmnd I am well chuffed with it. The vents on the side canvas are good for cooling the van down when it's hot. Goes up easy but just make sure if you have a bed fitted that you pull that down first before pulling the roof down. Would deffo reccommend.

Anyone had any recent contact with Austops?? Our converter hasn't managed to get in touch with them regarding our roof (he has been phoning), my email has gone unanswered and their facebook account is managed by a marketing company.
I am not really great at talking to people on the phone so would rather deal with emails, etc.

I only want to know how long it generally takes for a roof to be done. Ours is a T5.1 (2015) SWB in grey. Our converter is trying to give us a timeframe but can't even get in touch, let alone find out how long it will take to make one to suit our needs.

Anyone remember how long their roof took from ordering to delivery?? Thank you.

I spoke to Austops recently. I bought a Loc8 external table and door card for the drivers side slider. Had to come from the Dutch Austops dealer as he has them for sale. He dropped it off when collecting roofs.

There was a big delay (all down to the Dutch dealer not Austops). Anyway as we were going away I needed it in a hurry. Spoke to Tracey at Austops who was brilliant and organised next by 10am day delivery down to Buckinghamshire.

Really helpful in the phone and delivered on her promise to have it with us in time.

So they are definitely about at the moment.

My converter took 3weeks from van drop off to pic up , am afraid a couldn't tell ye how long it taken for the roof to be delivered but it wasn't delayed as I got van back in time frame , hope all goes well for you

I placed a deposit for mine, two months later it was at my converters with a four day turn around for installation.
Edit. That was two years ago and roof fitting only, not a conversion.

Hi there.

We managed to get a austops roof and I have just seen if fitted (but not finished) on my van. Looks amazing.... but quick question, the roof is black with a hole for the light to go into. Does that internal roof bit get covered or something??

We are waiting until January/February for our roof bed as there is word of a folding (or hinged) roofbed coming out from Austops so we will just be looking at the bare roof.

Anyways, to summarise, what does the inside of your Austops roof look like. Is it just bare plastic-y stuff with the fabric attachments visible??
Thanks for any replies.
:)

Hi.

Mine is carpeted on a board with a light fitted.
I’d be interested in seeing the fixings in yours if you have a photo please?

it’d be good to see how mine is structured below the panel.

Pete

My fitter did finish mine in wood and carpet to have a nice finish but to be honest I don't se why you can't just have the black fiberglass showing as it will also keep things dark at night to get a good sleep , Also have strip LEDs fitted but not yet wired up lol

IMG_20190802_101320.jpg

Back