Attempted Theft or un/intended damage?

mitchv60

Hi guys.
Well after have some scum try and have my Sportline off my drive a couple of months ago I beefed up my security including a bollard in my driveway. All good I thought and feeling a bit safer until I noticed this damage on my van this morning
Im no fan of driving into London but I ventured to Walthamstow Saturday night for a party with my girlfriend And left my van parked till 1am in a car park.I had a quick walk around the van on my return but missed this.
My question is do you think it was an attempted theft or vandalism?
Either way it’s been hit very hard as it bent the door out as you can see by the door shut gaps.
6DB73660-5A4E-4BB1-A68A-2E1F103FCA9B.jpeg

Hi guys.
Well after have some scum try and have my Sportline off my drive a couple of months ago I beefed up my security including a bollard in my driveway. All good I thought and feeling a bit safer until I noticed this damage on my van this morning
Im no fan of driving into London but I ventured to Walthamstow Saturday night for a party with my girlfriend And left my van parked till 1am in a car park.I had a quick walk around the van on my return but missed this.
Either way it’s been hit very hard as it bent the door out as you can see by the door shut gaps.
View attachment 137971
I would say mindless vandalism, otherwise there might be some damage on the shut gap from a crowbar for example?

Any chance of cctv in the car park?
I did think that but Im not sure its not going to really achieve anything - I probably wouldn’t recognise anyone from that area.

I know they can get to the door mechanism in that area but the damage is on the strongest bit of the door so that’s why I think it might be vandalism not theft.

My van was damaged around the door lock area before I bought it. Looked like a puncture with a screwdriver....could be what you have

Strongest bit of the door - that’s vandalism, I reckon! They’d have done quite some damage to their own door if it was someone opening their door.

Hi guys.
View attachment 137971
It was windy Saturday night. Could something have blown into it?

Reactions: CAB
This could be your culprit….. Beware shopping trolly syndrome…..never park next to cars with child seats…never park with a cars boots facing you …..better still take the wife car shopping and leave the defenceless Van at home..:)

7CC77F6F-2D71-484E-9CB2-96571BD9EA1D.jpeg
ps.. Dent Devils are great with that type of dent:thumbsup:

Last edited:
It was windy so more likely someone let a door go and it was the very edge of their door.
was thinking this myself - more accidental damage than malicious intent ?

Back